News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

dj Buckle with transitional marks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! Success! I found that picture you were asking about.....The DJ with it's single rune is easily identified and we all associate it with the German Youth movement. But have a look at these ethnic German "pasture protection guards" (formed in Rumania to help the Germans protect livestock and harvests from partisans). They are being trained by an SS soldier who wears the SS buckle - but look at THEIR buckles! Those are DJ buckles.

The reasoning behind this is that by this time the DJ had been disbanded and was no longer a working organization. I'm sure there were still hundreds/thousands of these buckles still to be had - so the decision was made to use them with this organization.

Pretty cool! Hope this is the picture you were talking about! Sorry if the picture is crap....I need a better scanner!

Enjoy!

Cheers!

Rob

Hey! Success! I found that picture you were asking about.....The DJ with it's single rune is easily identified and we all associate it with the German Youth movement. But have a look at these ethnic German "pasture protection guards" (formed in Rumania to help the Germans protect livestock and harvests from partisans). They are being trained by an SS soldier who wears the SS buckle - but look at THEIR buckles! Those are DJ buckles.

The reasoning behind this is that by this time the DJ had been disbanded and was no longer a working organization. I'm sure there were still hundreds/thousands of these buckles still to be had - so the decision was made to use them with this organization.

Pretty cool! Hope this is the picture you were talking about! Sorry if the picture is crap....I need a better scanner!

Enjoy!

Cheers!

Rob

Hello!

Your scanner is VERY GOOD.Stunning photo find.

All the best :cheers:

Nesredep

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Joe....It is quite interesting IMO too! I think that by the time these auxiliaries were being put to use, the DJ organization had ceased to exist. It makes sense that the Germans would have been efficient and used all the thousands of remaining buckles for other purposes. It's quite interesting that they would have used them this way.

Maybe others can shed more information about this....I wonder if it was done with other buckles as well.

Cheers!

Rob

It appears the Luftschutz buckles got used by more than one organization. Have seen them listed as being used by Wasserstrassenbeamten and Sicherheits und Hilfdienst also. I recall some in wear pictures but will have to do some searching.

I recall you had a nice R.S.&S. example.

--dj--Joe