News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

So.... you want to buy a MOH in Europe, eh?

Stogieman

• 4 weeks later...

Hallo Gents, :beer:

just a quick question, do you know where its possible to locate a full size neck ribbon

for the WW1 MOH, its for a legitimate cause, as a replacement for a museum piece here in Romania.

Or who to approach to source one officialy.

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

I don't beleive that it is illegal (in the U.S.) to sell the MOH ribbon or replicas threreof. So I doubt - unless you are the original presentee - to get a replacment ribbon from the U.S. manufacturer. Anyone feel free to correct this if I am worng here. A museum may be able to get such a ribbon but I have a feeling that an overseas organization may find it difficult if not impossible to get the real thing.

I have never understood why they have to have holes drilled through the medal to connect it to the suspender. It makes the whole thing look like a bit of an afterthought. They don't even do this with the Army rifle qualification badges. This makes me feel much the same way as them using plastic on the current Purple Heart instead of the original enamel. Is it to expensive to do it right? What is the sacrifice the men who have earned these medals worth after all?