News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Seaforth or Black Watch cobbler

lazyschnauzer

Here's the second The Old Contemptibles piece - Hope you like it!

1916 2nd Bn. Seaforth Highlander, 10th Brigade, 4th Division, BEF in Mackenzie tartan cobbler in 120mm or 1/16th scale

Alternate head ? 1st Bn. Black Watch, 1st Brigade, 1st Division, BEF with government (black and green) tartan

? Short Magazine Lee-Enfield (SMLE) MK III 0.303 caliber rifle

? Small canvas haversack for carrying anti-gas PH helmets

? M1914 leather field harness and ammo pouches and belt

? Canvas musette bag and haversacks

? M1902 khaki putties and brown half boots

? M1908 khaki haversacks and entrenching tool helves

? M1908 entrenching tool head in leather carrier and 2 pint water bottle covered with khaki cloth and leather webbing

? Wooden crate, leather cobbler?s tool satchel, cobbler?s tools

The pink stuff is Super Sculpey just used for displaying things. I've included a "colored" photo of a portion of the original photo of Seaforth Highlander cobblers working in a circle. The original bxw photo was posted on the Great War Forum. The main difference in the photo and the figure is that the cobbler in the photo is wearing shorts, not a kilt. I decided to have the cobbler wear a kilt because I always wanted to try my hand at sculpting one, plus I thought the painters might enjoy painting it more than shorts. In this case you can complete the figure with the alternate head and paint the kilt the black and green "Government" tartan or you can use the head shown on the figure and complete the kilt in a Mackenzie plaid.

Comments and constructive critique welcome!

The kit will eventually be available for purchase at: http://www.milminwh.com/theoldcontemptibles.htm

All the best,

Dan

Edited by lazyschnauzer

• 1 month later...
    Guest IMHF

This is awesome looking a caption of life molded into clay and plastic..... I bet he never new he was going to be a figure of time in some ones imagination.

Very beautiful it will be: The green colors would look good :cheers:

Lorenzo