News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

HSU with Double Doubles

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: VERY interesting indeed, since he went up from the ranks (joined by 1937, still an NCO in 1944/45....) but was a career officer (1948, 1958) with 20 years of service in before 1958 (long service MMM, ORS, and 20 years ORB since there is no 20 Years AF Svc Medal!)

I sure do wish somebody who owns the HSU recipients books would enter their listed awards into a database so combinations would be searchable. :rolleyes:

He must have been discharged in Khruschev's 1960 budget purge-- no Veteran of the Armed Forces Medal, so less than 25 years total active duity time...

This man would LEAP out of such a database.

:Cat-Scratch:

I sure do wish somebody who owns the HSU recipients books would enter their listed awards into a database so combinations would be searchable. :rolleyes:

This man would LEAP out of such a database.

Rick,

He will still leap out based on the work I've done. Given my interest in the Order of Glory, I have compiled a list of all HSUs who were either triple, double or single Order of Glory winners. I have yet to scrub my data to identify this gentleman. Given his double-double status, it will not be hard to do. His "Koenigsberg" time will also help. More to follow.

P.S. Your thought of a master HSU awards database is interesting although it is not something I personally would wish to pursue.

Regards,

slava1stclass

Guest Rick Research

"Your thought of a master HSU awards database is interesting although it is not something I personally would wish to pursue."

:Cat-Scratch: What? Semi-eternal grinding toil for no commercial result DOESN'T appeal to you? :speechless1:

I just sepnt 18 months transcribing and adding data to never-published handwritten German WW1 award rolls. Now they're published.

:speechless:

Never expected to be rich, but at least generations yet unborn will say

"Thank goodness THAT guy had no life and did all this, so we don't have to!" :cheeky:

"Your thought of a master HSU awards database is interesting although it is not something I personally would wish to pursue."

:Cat-Scratch: What? Semi-eternal grinding toil for no commercial result DOESN'T appeal to you? :speechless1:

I just sepnt 18 months transcribing and adding data to never-published handwritten German WW1 award rolls. Now they're published.

:speechless:

Never expected to be rich, but at least generations yet unborn will say

"Thank goodness THAT guy had no life and did all this, so we don't have to!" :cheeky:

Rick,

You are to be commended. By choice, however, my toiling was limited to a specific interest area - the Order of Glory. I leave it to others to expand the field of knowledge. My contribution is but one small part.

Regards,

slava1stclass