News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of the Mother of Battles?

• 3 months later...

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_04_2008/post-3034-1207565454.jpgThis is the order in it's frame showing the sash which has the colors of the Iraqi flag.

The british medal in the middle is that the famous medal Ed talks about Royal Air Force Levies (Iraq) Long Service and Good Conduct Medal, 1948-1955?????

Lorenzo

Gentlemen,

As ever further information leads to enlightement or possibly confusion. It is indeed the Order of the Mother of Battle (singular?) however I have one as well and whilst the inscription is the same the script is different, thus to the frustration of myself and other collectors there are now two distinctly different types to collect! Also it appears that the stones are different Will's are green and mine are blue. Where the uppermost diamonds are missing in the attached illustration I have since had them replaced.

Regards,

Owain

Will's Order of the Mother of Battle in the picture shows the stones are blue just a dull picture displayed. I have never seen any with the original stones, most of them the diamonds have been replaced with plastic ones. The medal I was talking about was the British medal in the middle of the Order of the Mother of Battle and the to Iraqi Airforce medals. I noticed that this was an Iraqi Airforce Medal and Orders displayed so I thaught that the British medal shown here was the Royal Air Force Levies (Iraq) Long Service and Good Conduct Medal, 1948-1955????? with the wrong ribbon on it. This is the Award that Ed has posted on his online Iraqi ODM book....

This is a very beautiful display Will. Thank you:

Lorenzo