News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Prison Services Distinguished Service Medal - Sudan

This medal is,I believe,the item described by Ed Haynes as serial no 24 in his article regarding the Orders and Medals of the Sudan. The quality of production is apparent and it was very well manufactured. This example is named to Mohammed Abdullah Pashjarwish - The Blue Nile. I am attempting to obtain the correct ribbon for the medal.

This is from a Police & Prisons series of awards (Obverse "Sudan Police and Prison Force"; Reverse - "For Great Service") and to my mind is contemporary with the Governor General's military series. I have a Bravery Medal of similar design - alas unamed - image to follow. I believe the manufacturer could well be the Royal Mint but I have no firm evidence of this - a copy of the annual reports back to the 1920's would be nice!

Regards,

Owain