News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Synthetic Rubber Equipment

Well, there was a guy who jumped an original RZ20 chute in England recently. Anyway, I think most guys used these to keep their cigarettes dry or as muzzle covers.

127158622_o.jpg

The late holder of the above soldbuch certainly hadn't used one as its makers intended when he arrived at SS-Fallschirmj?ger-Btl 600. However, the doctor was an understanding fellow and wrote what he had up as a Code 24 rather than a Code 14 or 15, contracting an STD being a chargeable offence in most armies, including the Wehrmacht/Waffen-SS. In fact, I have never seen a soldbuch containing a reference to Codes 14 (syphilis) or 15 (Other STDs). They usually contain '24', which refers to "non-sexually transmitted genital problems". So off to the clinic he went, but it didn't save him from an early death on the battlefield in February 1945, poor fellow.

PK