BBC America show Bargain Hunter

I will confess to sitting through many episodes of this show with one eye/ear open.... today I saw an episode that actually made me sit up and take notice...

One of the "teams" picked up a set of 4 medals to one man.

WW1 Service Medal

King's South Africa Medal, 2 Bars

Meritorious Service Medal

Long Service & Good Conduct Medal

Three of them had the original ribbons, clearly missing the Victory Medal & (??) another.

Whilst they bickered about buying it I sat there yelling BUY IT at the screen....

They paid 175- Quid, at auction it only brought 180-Quid. Seemed incredibly cheap to me based on what very little knowledge I have of British ODM....

But it did perk me up abit for the afternoon!

I will confess to sitting through many episodes of this show with one eye/ear open.... today I saw an episode that actually made me sit up and take notice...

One of the "teams" picked up a set of 4 medals to one man.

WW1 Service Medal

King's South Africa Medal, 2 Bars

Meritorious Service Medal

Long Service & Good Conduct Medal

Three of them had the original ribbons, clearly missing the Victory Medal & (??) another.

Whilst they bickered about buying it I sat there yelling BUY IT at the screen....

They paid 175- Quid, at auction it only brought 180-Quid. Seemed incredibly cheap to me based on what very little knowledge I have of British ODM....

Not expensive but as well as the Victory Medal and possibly 14-15 star, it was also missing the Queen's South Africa Nedal as the King's South Africa was only issued with the QSA. Lot of peole dont like broken groups but if the other medals had been their it would have made at least double and possibly more.

Paul