News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My first concern would be with the second award (Scwarzburg War Service Medal).

the colour of the thread holding the medal secure is white, where all the others have black thread.

Also it is on backwards.

Kevin in Deva :cheers:

Good eyes Kev, but in this instance, I would say that it is original to the mounting. We do find this medal mounted this way, my guess is that the soldier didn't want nyconfusion as to why he received the award....

The swords are redundent and not official, but again; my gut-call is they are original to the bar.

Another excellent piece to study. Note on the rear-view we can see another style of mounting. Note that the maker wrapped the mounting bar with a ribbon, then sewed the award ribbon, folded, to this base.

Scott, I think the bar is original, but at $480... rather expensive for what it is/what it has.

My first concern would be with the second award (Scwarzburg War Service Medal).

the colour of the thread holding the medal secure is white, where all the others have black thread.

Also it is on backwards.

Kevin in Deva :cheers:

There is another ribbon behind the Scwarzburg War Service Medal and the ribbon on the eagle looks from the back to have been removed then put back, it looks very "clean/new"

I saw these diffrences also ! Bar looks very nice and clean! I did not hold it in my hands only saw pics!

I think this may actually be front of second medal ? but my memory is going !!!!like stogieman said some soldiers mounted them as the though or likeed as with prussian merit medal! I also thought price was a bit high ! what would be a good price? i was guessing about $350.00 but I don't think they will go that low!!! As for diffrent ribbon underneath i think mounter used what he had most of if you look it is anhalt ribbon Probably not much need to save anhalt ribbon!!! do not see many albert bear medal bars !!!

Kevin I noticed ribbon on Silisian eagle also ! I does not seem to be folded same ! so guess i will pass Shame :speechless1: i kind of liked it !!!!

Edited by scottplen