News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Soviet Flight Jackets ?

Does anyone happen to have any photos that show any types of flight jackets worn by Soviet pilots between the 1960's and 1990? I realize that in the cockpit they would have usually worn preassure suits, but I assume that they also had some type of jacket, as did US pilots. Any help would really be appreciated !

Thanks !

Thank you, Rich !

I truly aprciate your help. :beer:

But I was wondering...

The two fellows in the third photo seem to be wearing civilian clothes beneath their jackets and browsing through the aisle of a liquor store ! Is there some way that we know that they are military pilots?

Thank you, Rich !

I truly aprciate your help. :beer:

But I was wondering...

The two fellows in the third photo seem to be wearing civilian clothes beneath their jackets and browsing through the aisle of a liquor store ! Is there some way that we know that they are military pilots?

You are welcome...

I included the last image for interest's sake. Whether or not the two men are indeed pilots is debatable. However, the jackets they are wearing appear to be military issue similar as the one's shown in the first two images. - My wife grew up in Sevastopol and she remembers the military pilots from Belbek that spent time in the city, and she states that many wore such jackets with their civilian "wear".

Rich...

Thanks so much again.

I was thinking along the same lines, of pilots in civilian wear. But I wanted to check with you just in case, for example, the photo had come with other pics of the same guys in uniform or something.

Once more, I truly appreciate your assitance!

Hey, Rich, that would be great ! Thanks a lot !

Poor outdoor conditions for pitcher-takin' during the last few days. However, today was just peachie... :D

In any case, I believe that this one dates from the 80s.

Edited by RichieC