News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Romanian Patriotic Guard & Young Pioneer Pictures

My Father-in-Law, Pavel, as a member of the Patriotic Guard.

Outside the town of Cugir with daughter Adriana. (the future Mrs. Ryan :love: )

Uniform was a Khaki Colour, shirt, Pants, and Khaki Beret with Brass Insignia.

He used to guard the weapons fabrication plant in the town of Cugir,

primary weapons made the Romanian Version of the Kalashnikov family of weapons.

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Guest Rick Research

Was the Patriotic Guard a national militia (in our sense of that word) or specifically industrial-related (as in the old Nazi "Werkschutz" factory guards)?

Trying to place them within the Soviet-Bloc range of armed and semi-armed bodies....

Was the Patriotic Guard a national militia (in our sense of that word) or specifically industrial-related (as in the old Nazi "Werkschutz" factory guards)?

Trying to place them within the Soviet-Bloc range of armed and semi-armed bodies....

National militia, Rick.

Guest Rick Research

:beer: Unlike many of the other Soviet Bloc nations, there do not seem to have been any awards specifically for this organization?

:beer: Unlike many of the other Soviet Bloc nations, there do not seem to have been any awards specifically for this organization?

Hallo Rick, :cheers:

this picture is from my trip to the Romanian Military Museum in March.

Patriotic Guard Uniform, Grade unknown to me.

I will add a close up of the badges in my collection later.

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

I think they had specific badges, but as awards I presume they could have received the national orders and medals.

• 2 years later...

Close-up of the belt & buckle, similar to the one on the P. G. uniform

in the Romanian Military Museum, Bucharest, but, I will have to look for confirmation

that it is the correct one, I have a suspicion that the one in the museum and the one

I attach pictures off is in fact from the post communist period:-

Pressed steel construction.

Size 60mm X 50mm

Weight:- 68 gram.

Kevin in Deva. :cheers:

Thank you for the photos ..You would think during this period of time it would be a RSR buckle..

Ian

Thats one of the reasons care has to be taken when observing things in the Museums here

even though the communist period is quite fresh in peoples minds,

the staff do inadvertently make mistakes with regards displays.

Kevin in Deva. :cheers: