News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Identification of a "REAL" Nazi WW2 Police Cap Badge.

Hallo Gents, :beer:

My instinct says this item:-

is a repro but the owner,

who posted on another forum (his pictures)

is adament its 100% the real deal.

Any opinions welcome please.

Kevin in Deva :beer:

Edited by Kev in Deva

Guest Rick Research

I've never seen a 2 piece model OFF the hat, so no idea what the back SHOULD look like. The prongs appear to be replaced/repaired (?) but other than that... it's been so long since I've SEEN one, that is almost always a good indication. I'm sure everything's faked, but I've never noticed fakes of these. I'd remember ANY 2-piecer that came into my paws.

• 4 weeks later...

I've never seen a 2 piece model OFF the hat, so no idea what the back SHOULD look like. The prongs appear to be replaced/repaired (?) but other than that... it's been so long since I've SEEN one, that is almost always a good indication. I'm sure everything's faked, but I've never noticed fakes of these. I'd remember ANY 2-piecer that came into my paws.

Hi,

never had a 2 piece eagle in my collection, so it's hard to compare, but if you could post closer shots of details, it may help.

regards Matt

Hi,

never had a 2 piece eagle in my collection, so it's hard to compare, but if you could post closer shots of details, it may help.

regards Matt

Hallo Matt, :beer:

these pictures are the only ones the owner is prepared to show, he has an aversion to any of his items being proved to be copy's, repros, or down right fakes, this "expert" is to clever to get caught like that, unlike us mere mortals :lol:

And he has the extra advantage of getting the "psychic connection" to the object as well to prove his items are real :rolleyes:

Kevin in Deva :beer:

I will be devils advocate and say.... from what I see, i think it could be an interesting variation.

If you are faking a stamped one piece is the easiest way to go.

2 pieces, with what looks like 2 metals is waaaay harder... and why bother to go to the trouble.

Its impossible to see the quality in the pics, but from what we see, I would not discount it....

You dont mean Richard Kimmel do you?!?!!?!?!?!!?

Errr..................Chris, we don't mention that name,

just in case.............you know.......... the number of the beast and all that :o

Kevin in Deva :lol:

Hello,

The construction of this eagle IS consistant with other known period made insignia.

Without a closer view of the obverse I cannot say for sure, but this could certainly be an authentic eagle.

Regards,

William unland