News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Need Help; please!

Hello, everybody. I have a small problem here, there is a person who is selling this uniform of the GDR but I don?t know if it is an original or if it is fake; it have the eagle with swastika (many east German uniform where baddly modified to look like a nazi one). Anyway, he is selling it as east German, and where I live (Venezuela) is hard to find stuff like that; what makes me doubt are the upper left pocket and the patches in the neck, everything else seems to be in order (but Iam just starting to collect GDR so Iam not that sure).

Cheers mates!! :beer:

Volkessturm,

This is definately an East German NVA uniform. The M48 tags are the size tags. The M48 in the tunic would be the equivalent of a European size 96 and North American size 38 which would indicate a tunic for some one approximately 5' 7" or 5' 8". The M48 in the trousers would be the equivalent European waist size of 96cm and a North American size of 32". The stampings on the pocket are for the date of manufacture 2/L for second quarter of 1987 (L was also used for 1973 but this unform is too new to be from that year) and the 1802 is the four digit code for the manufacturer. The NVA, of course, stands for National Volkesarmee. It also appeasr as though all of the butons might have been removed.

Would it not be cheaper for you to buy an unaltered East German uniform from North America rather than from Germany? Shipping costs from Germany will be very expensive for a uniform that would sell in the U.S. for a very reasonable price.

Regards,

Gordon

Edited by Gordon Craig

Thanks Gordon; I had doubts mainly because of the upper pocket; I don?t know so much about GDR uniforms and the information you gave me will help me a lot; and I can?t buy from ebay for the moment, so it helps me to decide what to do about buying it.

Cheers mate...

Volkessturm,

Good luck in your DDR collecting and in the purchase of this uniform. If I can be of any further asistance please don't hesitate to ask questions. I'll be in Germany from Wednesday until next Monday but will probably still be in email/forum contact.

Regards,

Gordon