News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

More of the "Kolonial Denkmuentze" fake medal

This the aswer the seller send to me: I think there is a long way between not original (Copie) and simply...A FAKE!!

so take note of the seller: You can?t trust the items this guy (struppi60motorrad) sell...

regards

Miguel

"Dear hipnos,

Hallo,die Medallie wurde unter vorbehalt verkauft!

In der Beschreibung steht "KEINE GARANTIE AUF ORGINALIT?T"!!!!

MfG M.R."

- struppi60motorrad Did this answer your question? If not, let the seller know.

Item and user details

Item Title: S?dwestafrika-Denkm?nze

Item Number: 110253921891

Item URL: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...em=110253921891

End Date: May-23-08 00:39:15 PDT

From User: struppi60motorrad (1953)

99.4% Positive Feedback

Member since Sep-09-03 in Deutschland"

Well, if he had that in his listing..... I wouldn't have bid unless I was 100% sure of what I was doing. Miguel... you post many, many things from eBay and ask if they are OK... eBay can be a dangerous place to try and build a collection if you have not done your homework first... Perhaps some time reading the entire Imperial Forum and purchase of some better quality references should be done first... everyone is here to help... but I don't remember you posting this piece before you bid... Just some friendly advice.

Guest Rick Research

His answer is you bought it when the description said "no guaranty of originality," so screw you (politely). And he is right. He stated up front it was crap-- and you bought it anyway.

You're screwed.

eCrap aids, comforts, abets, and encourages dealers like him.

It is always better to ask BEFORE buying than AFTER.

His answer is you bought it when the description said "no guaranty of originality," so screw you (politely). And he is right. He stated up front it was crap-- and you bought it anyway.

You're screwed.

eCrap aids, comforts, abets, and encourages dealers like him.

It is always better to ask BEFORE buying than AFTER.

That?s not question about ask before. The problem is that if you have not a better pic to see...(and of course, no close-up pics of the sides), it?s not easy to know if this piece is or not a correct one. (For me). Possibly, (As I?ve only liitle knowledge of the german lenguage, I don?t understand very well their understatetement ("Keine originalit?t"), -and my brain read the thing he want to read- .

Anyway If you knows the item you sell is a fake you can made it more plainly as, insist, `posting: "copie"/"Kopie" and everybody knows, at first reading, what you?re bidding at... And just four days ago I have receive my "Nimmerg?t"... :speechless:

Well, You can learn of all this things... (I hope)

Thanks

Miguel

Guest Rick Research

Yes, but that is part of the TRICK. He is "honest" about it being a fake without SAYING it is a fake-- he says "no guaranty of originality."

When you see those words...

RUN AWAY.

Of course, someone "guaranteeing" something is original STILL does not mean that it IS original. A very common English language trick is to say something is "authentic." Not REAL, just "looks real." Same words used to cheat.

This guy has figured out a perfect way to use eCrap to sell garbage and never make refunds. They LOVE "businessmen" like him.

Yes, but that is part of the TRICK. He is "honest" about it being a fake without SAYING it is a fake-- he says "no guaranty of originality."

RUN AWAY.

Of course, someone "guaranteeing" something is original STILL does not mean that it IS original. A very common English language trick is to say something is "authentic." Not REAL, just "looks real." Same words used to cheat.

This guy has figured out a perfect way to use eCrap to sell garbage and never make refunds. They LOVE "businessmen" like him.

thanks Rick...I?ll tell you...

Miguel

Hi Miguel,

I can not add to what has been said but I wanted to add that in your photo it looks like you have used an alligator clamp to hole the medal. I hope you do not use this on "good" medals as I fear it would leave teeth marks on the medal's surface. If you need to hole a medal to photograph might I suggest you use a wooden cloths pin at least. Or better yet place the medal on the top of a film can or other round shape and photograph the medal's edge from the side.

Just a suggestion.

Cheers :cheers:

Brian

Hi Miguel,

I can not add to what has been said but I wanted to add that in your photo it looks like you have used an alligator clamp to hole the medal. I hope you do not use this on "good" medals as I fear it would leave teeth marks on the medal's surface. If you need to hole a medal to photograph might I suggest you use a wooden cloths pin at least. Or better yet place the medal on the top of a film can or other round shape and photograph the medal's edge from the side.

Just a suggestion.

Cheers :cheers:

Brian

yes I was using an aligator to hold the fake medal (no marks os surface, by the way), but is soft-spring (I used it to paint little pieces od airplanes, etc...of plastic. Anyway I think is a sensble warning and I?ll use a cloth to protect the medals

thanks ;)

miguel

RUN AWAY.

Hey Rick!! By this momemt I?ve achieved the seller returns me the money...and I?ve returned the fake medal...I tell you when all this ended :cheers:

thanks

Miguel

PS/ I?ve tell him that I?ll post in all the forums that he sell fakes....This seems to work by the moment