News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

An (apparently), nice bar on the horizon

This bar is in my Horizon. What Do you think about?. It?s a Real (authentic) Bar?

The rev of the wurtenmberg order are damaged (missing a part of the "F", I think...).

miguel

Guest Rick Research

I do not like this at all.

This "flat bottom" WAS an original style back then-- but very uncommon. It is, however, the almost universal choice for Frankenstein parts frauds medal bars because it is so much easier to churn out than the "bow bottom" normal German style.

The Austro-Hungarian Military Merit Cross is in the wrong place for a pre-1938 bar AND for a post-1938 bar.

In Anno 2008, when you see a medal bar with this style of ribbons

assume it is FAKE and make it prove itself as real.

Guest Rick Research

I've never seen a Friedrich Order broken in that way. Since peacetime "WF3b"s without swords are quite harder to find than watime ones WITH "X," I would also suspect that the swords have been snapped off this already damaged piece to make it into a pre-war one. Typical Frankenstein use of anything that makes a big bar.

If you want to be safe, don't even LOOK at ANY medal bar that has ribbons like this one.

Thanks for the lecture. After the anschluss the MMC austrian was considered "german" and is posted before all the others, as Bravery, only after the EKII

It it was before the anschluss the medal was considered "foreign", and posted after all the "german" awards...I understand correctly??

thanks

Miguel

PS/ By the way, If we don?t see more, any bar dressed as you say---the number will be much, much reduced...

Guest Rick Research

Yes, that is correct. SOMETIMES Germans continued wearing their Austro-Hungarian awards as "foreign" even after 1938... but this one is exactly in the middle-- correct for NO period.

Most medal bars being sold today are this style of ribbons. Most medal bars being sold these days are Frankenstein fakes.

I have many many German medal bars from collecting 30+ years. TWO out of all of them are this flat bottom style and original. :rolleyes:

Yes, that is correct. SOMETIMES Germans continued wearing their Austro-Hungarian awards as "foreign" even after 1938... but this one is exactly in the middle-- correct for NO period.

Most medal bars being sold today are this style of ribbons. Most medal bars being sold these days are Frankenstein fakes.

I have many many German medal bars from collecting 30+ years. TWO out of all of them are this flat bottom style and original. :rolleyes:

Well, I would see this Aladin Cove...

I must to snap some hours before go to work early in the morning...It?s 1:20 AM local hour... :Cat-Scratch:

Thanks again

Have a nice day

Miguel

I saw that bar at the IWB in Stuttgart some weeks ago and didn't think much about it, the information you see with thousends of items offered just kills your brain - but when I sat in the car way back home and re-thought about it I didn't doubt anymore this was a fake bar. There, it was about 600,- Euro what would have been quite a bargain, wouldn't it? It's hard to find REAL big bars with pre war ORDERS... ;)