News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Distinction ?Mario Mu?oz?

Taz

The Distinction ?Mario Mu?oz? is given to Cuban citizens in recognition of reached merits during 25 or more years, in the communications field and had kept an exemplary and matching attitude to revolutionary principles.

Also, in exceptional cases, it can be awarded to other workers or to foreign citizens who had contributed noticeably to the development of this field.

The Distinction ?Mario Mu?oz? will be awarded by the Excecutive Secretariat of the National Syndicate of the Communications? Workers together with the Communications Minister.

Telephone workers, then? Or might this also be for postal employees?

Well Rick I was looking around for info on what that actually entails and came up with some interesting details.

Firstly it seems that the Union has had its name updated or changed to include:

Trabajador de las Comunicaciones, la Inform?tica y la Electr?nica (workers of the communications, computer science and electronics)

Secondly a point which I think I have mentioned before, women recive Distinctions for 20 years and men for 25 years service.( I've seen roughly the same for the Distinction Nico Lopez)

Here part of a translated Cuban web page:

"The Distinction Mario Mu?oz Monroy was granted to a group of workers of the sector, for 20 years the women and 25 the men, who maintained uninterrupted and commendable work within the communications sector".

With regards to who this might include, certainly Radio and television.

Edited by Taz