News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Mannlicher M1905

Douglas Jr.

Hi Folks,

As many of you may have noted, I have a crush on pistols from the first generations of this kind of weapon. The variety of design and systems are wide and you can have a lot of fun discovering how inventive those engineers were.

Well, here is one of my favorites: the MANNLICHER MODEL 1905. In my opinion this pistol has a beautiful and elegant appearance, very unique design.

There two basic variations on this design: the called Model 1901 and the Model 1905. The main difference between them is caliber (7,63mm Mannlicher fired by the older against the 7,65mm Mannlicher used by Model 1905) and the capacity of it magazine (8 against 10 bullets in latter models). Other difference is the inscriptions. Their magazines were fixed and both models were fed by clips (just like the Mauser C96).

According author Jan Still, ?the models 1901 and 1905 Mannlicher were manufactured from 1901 to 1905 by Waffenfabrik Steyr in Steyr Austria. They had a retarded blowback action and were in caliber 7.63mm Mannlicher. They were tested by the Austro-Hungarian Military in 1904 and rejected. According to Adanek many Austro-Hungarian officers purchased them privately (Pistols of World War I, page 8). About 9000 were produced with 5000 going to Argentina (Schroeder, System Mannlicher, Gun Collectors Digest 4th Edition page 184). It is a scarce pistol.?

Hope you enjoy it.

Douglas.

That is the 1st one I have ever seen.It is a very rare and unique pistol.I too like the lines of these early

pistols.You wouldn't happen to have a Borchardt in that collection of yours do you. Again a very nice pistol.

Jim P