News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Good morning, all. I have registered as a new member for the purpose of asking only one question (I come over from the British Medals Forum and recognize some names). I have a group to a British sailor who was the Capt's Coxswain (and Admiral's Coxswain) for HRH Prince Alfred, Duke of Edinburgh. At some point in his career, he received the silver house order (in the title) and the Russian medal for Zeal. This would have been between 1873 and 1881. I presume he attended the Prince at his wedding to Grand Duchess Maria in St Petersburg in January 1874, but am unsure.

Another site suggested that the medal roll for the house order exists in Coburg, and I was hoping somebody has it, or is near it. My man's name is Thomas W. Bettesworth.

Thanks for listening. GWH.

Guest Rick Research

The Rolls exist BUT I only have them from the very end of 1911 on--so I am not sure what they consist of that far back. Generally, rolls before 1900 are rather minimal for data. They are chronological--no indices--which is why we've been transcribing and publishing them in alphabetized form for 1914+.