News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!! :love::love::love::love:

That is almost without question a naval officer's bar.

Back when I find him--- I'll be online here while I go look.

The Red Eagle 4 with Crown will be the key.

What color is the backing of the large ribbon bar?

Guest Rick Research

Awww. That does not disprove navy, but I was hoping for blue. Red means he MIGHT be army-- and that is much more difficult. :(

Is there a maker's label on the back of the medal bar? What color is the backing on the medaal bar?

I found 2 naval officers-- so where he lived may be most important!

Guest Rick Research

Ehhhhhh!!!! :banger: No help for us, then!

It is POSSIBLE that these belonged to:

Kapit?n zur See (20.2.17) aD Otto Breuer (1875-alive in 1939, served in navy 10.04.91-22.11.19) who lived in Hamburg

or

Fregattenkapit?n zur See (14.10.17) a.D. Adolf Kahle (1875- alive in 1939, served in navy 16.4.94-19.12.19) who lived in Dresden

but I cannot confirm the awards from Oldenburg or Austria-Hungary to them.

If these belonged to an ARMY officer, much more work is needed. We haven't gotten far enough to answer for the army yet.... maybe in 2009. :(

I think NAVY first because they got many more Red Eagles with Crown than the army did-- because they were promoted faster. No OTHER awards than what are on these bars also reinforces my thought that this was a naval officer's group.

Kahle had a Tsarist Order of Saint Stanisalus 2nd Class before the war. Breuer had nothing foreign before the war. Breuer served in the Reichsmarineamt (Berlin) as a mines expert to May 1916, then as leader of the Mine Testing Command to October 1918. Kahle was a Reichsmarineamt torpedo expert to September 1916, then chief of torpedo boat flotillas to the end of the war.

Ehhhhhh!!!! :banger: No help for us, then!

It is POSSIBLE that these belonged to:

Kapit?n zur See (20.2.17) aD Otto Breuer (1875-alive in 1939, served in navy 10.04.91-22.11.19) who lived in Hamburg

or

Fregattenkapit?n zur See (14.10.17) a.D. Adolf Kahle (1875- alive in 1939, served in navy 16.4.94-19.12.19) who lived in Dresden

but I cannot confirm the awards from Oldenburg or Austria-Hungary to them.

If these belonged to an ARMY officer, much more work is needed. We haven't gotten far enough to answer for the army yet.... maybe in 2009. :(

I think NAVY first because they got many more Red Eagles with Crown than the army did-- because they were promoted faster. No OTHER awards than what are on these bars also reinforces my thought that this was a naval officer's group.

Kahle had a Tsarist Order of Saint Stanisalus 2nd Class before the war. Breuer had nothing foreign before the war. Breuer served in the Reichsmarineamt (Berlin) as a mines expert to May 1916, then as leader of the Mine Testing Command to October 1918. Kahle was a Reichsmarineamt torpedo expert to September 1916, then chief of torpedo boat flotillas to the end of the war.

I think, that in 2009 at me will be the full list of Austro-Hungarian compensations earned by German officers.

Then to us it will be easier.

Many thanks for the help.

Roman

Guest Rick Research

I have many of my own that still defy identification. This pre-1920 one from David S's collection keeps me awake at night:

My suspicion is that this guy was a medical officer-- weird Crown Order 3X in second place, ending with a Franz Joseph Order on war ribbon last--because it has no war wreath device.

Can I find him from the Red Eagle with Crown, Baden, and W?rttemberg Rolls? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. :banger:

:cheers: