News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Italy - NAVY CAP - identification pls

Hi, It is a postwar hat. The badge is for Navy of Repubblica Italiana (italian republic). The war badge has Real crown instead Republci crown.

The rank is for Guardiamarina (second lieutenant).

The quality of the hat and the badge is poor.

IP

MANY THANKS FOR YOUR INFO MY ITALIAN FRIEND,PLEASE WHAT DO YOU MEAN ABOUT "THE QUALITY OF THE HAT IS POOR"?PERHAPS YOU MEAN THAN THERE ARE MORE CAPS FROM THIS PERIOD MADE BY OTHERS BEST MAKERS?THIS HAS A LABEL WITH LETTERS UN:UNIONE MILITARE?

YOU SAID IS A POSTWAR CAP BUT DURING HOW LONG WAS USED THIS BLUE VISOR CAP IN THE ITALIAN NAVY AND IS TYPICAL FROM ITALIAN CAPS LIKE THIS IN THE BLACK BAND STITCHING CROWNS AND BADGE AROUND IT?

DO YOU COLLECT NAVY CAPS LIKE ME?PLEASE SEND ME PICS TO:elcalifa1969@yahoo.es

MANY THANKS FOR YOUR INFO MY ITALIAN FRIEND,PLEASE WHAT DO YOU MEAN ABOUT "THE QUALITY OF THE HAT IS POOR"?PERHAPS YOU MEAN THAN THERE ARE MORE CAPS FROM THIS PERIOD MADE BY OTHERS BEST MAKERS?THIS HAS A LABEL WITH LETTERS UN:UNIONE MILITARE?

YOU SAID IS A POSTWAR CAP BUT DURING HOW LONG WAS USED THIS BLUE VISOR CAP IN THE ITALIAN NAVY AND IS TYPICAL FROM ITALIAN CAPS LIKE THIS IN THE BLACK BAND STITCHING CROWNS AND BADGE AROUND IT?

DO YOU COLLECT NAVY CAPS LIKE ME?PLEASE SEND ME PICS TO:elcalifa1969@yahoo.es

Hallo SICHERHEITSDIENTS. :beer:

Welcome to the forum, with regards typing posts only in capital letters,

this, is considered to be the online equivalent of "shouting" at somebody.

Is it possible for you to type normally, its also easier on the eyes.

Thank you and hopefully you will get a reply soon to your questions.

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Hallo SICHERHEITSDIENTS. :beer:

Welcome to the forum, with regards typing posts only in capital letters,

this, is considered to be the online equivalent of "shouting" at somebody.

Is it possible for you to type normally, its also easier on the eyes.

Thank you and hopefully you will get a reply soon to your questions.

thanks kevin i hope you apoligize to me cause the whole world online is new for me,many thanks and regards from spain

fernando

thanks kevin i hope you apoligize to me cause the whole world online is new for me,many thanks and regards from spain

fernando

Holla Fernando, :beer:

No problems, we all had to follow a learning curve,

with regards the internet, especially an old man like me :P

What part of Spain are you located in?

Holla Fernando, :beer:

No problems, we all had to follow a learning curve,

with regards the internet, especially an old man like me :P

What part of Spain are you located in?

i live in madrid,im collector of navy caps

can you help me to catch any navy caps from your country?

my mail is:elcalifa1969@yahoo.es

for everything you need

fernando

i live in madrid,im collector of navy caps

can you help me to catch any navy caps from your country?

my mail is:elcalifa1969@yahoo.es

for everything you need

fernando

Hi Fernando,

There are many makers for navy officer cap. Unione Militare is the biggest & it had many shops in Italy.

I don't know the period of the hat, I collect italian militaria only to 1945. I think it is from 70ies, but I don't have books to read about this.

Unione Militare, sell uniforms & badges at different costs & this cap seems to be the most cheap (many inferior officials lend military service - conscription). The badge quality it's no good. It have a 'square' cut around the leaves, instead a perimetral cut. It is twisted & sewed bad.

One of the best makers was Dani from Livorno (in this city there is the Accademia Navale), but possibly cost, for an officer, duoble or more than UM.

I hope you find a war cap.

Cheers, IP

Hi Fernando,

There are many makers for navy officer cap. Unione Militare is the biggest & it had many shops in Italy.

I don't know the period of the hat, I collect italian militaria only to 1945. I think it is from 70ies, but I don't have books to read about this.

Unione Militare, sell uniforms & badges at different costs & this cap seems to be the most cheap (many inferior officials lend military service - conscription). The badge quality it's no good. It have a 'square' cut around the leaves, instead a perimetral cut. It is twisted & sewed bad.

One of the best makers was Dani from Livorno (in this city there is the Accademia Navale), but possibly cost, for an officer, duoble or more than UM.

I hope you find a war cap.

Cheers, IP

ciao

you mean that badge is not original for this cap or only quality is bad?but this hat was used for a guardiamarina like this with this badge?dani from livorno sells navy caps online or do you know any maker or shop in italy that sells navy caps and i can pay with credit card?thanks.

fernando

ciao

you mean that badge is not original for this cap or only quality is bad?but this hat was used for a guardiamarina like this with this badge?dani from livorno sells navy caps online or do you know any maker or shop in italy that sells navy caps and i can pay with credit card?thanks.

fernando

Hola!

Badge and hat are original & correct for a guardiamarina. Only quality it is not so good. A Capitano di Vascello (colonel) hat sure have a great quality.... you can find more here http://www.marina.difesa.it/uniformigradi/...ficiali_inf.asp

I don't know if Dani is still in business. I don't find it on yellowpages :-(

IP

Hola!

Badge and hat are original & correct for a guardiamarina. Only quality it is not so good. A Capitano di Vascello (colonel) hat sure have a great quality.... you can find more here http://www.marina.difesa.it/uniformigradi/...ficiali_inf.asp

IP

i have seen www,bellettati.com in roma but i can not see on this web any prices or payment details,can you take a look to this website,gracie

Hola!

IP

what do you think of this lot is original from regia marina,nastrino nave farfalla and berretto gruppi tesseo tessei?

what do you think of this lot is original from regia marina,nastrino nave farfalla and berretto gruppi tesseo tessei?

They aren't from regia marina .

Here have Nave farfalla

http://www.marina.difesa.it/storia/almanac...Navi0722-07.asp

The Gruppo teseo tesei was made on 1954.

I've a good collection of 'nastrini', from 1880 to now...

I don't think to have double.

IP

They aren't from regia marina .

Here have Nave farfalla

http://www.marina.difesa.it/storia/almanac...Navi0722-07.asp

The Gruppo teseo tesei was made on 1954.

I've a good collection of 'nastrini', from 1880 to now...

I don't think to have double.

IP

ciao

please tell me fot what rank is used this italian navy visor,i think is present use,isn,t it?

gracie.

fernando

ciao

please tell me fot what rank is used this italian navy visor,i think is present use,isn,t it?

gracie.

fernando

Hi Fernando. It seems to be a Marina Militare, but it could be a civil navy hat (they're identical apart ranks). The rank is not in use today and I don't know if & when was used in MM.

Sorry, but I don't know very well ranking on post war italian navy.

IP

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Fernando. It seems to be a Marina Militare, but it could be a civil navy hat (they're identical apart ranks). The rank is not in use today and I don't know if & when was used in MM.

Sorry, but I don't know very well ranking on post war italian navy.

IP

ciao

during how long was used in the marina militare this cap tally written"squadra navale"

gracie

ciao

during how long was used in the marina militare this cap tally written"squadra navale"

gracie

Ciao.

This ribbon are used only during 2WW. The navy, for military secret, in 1940, reemoved ribbon whit name unit & took rbbon with only Regia Marina, Regie Navi, Squadra Navale, Siluranti, etc.. This ribbon, if I remember well, was instituited on 1941. After war, come back ribbons with unit name (without R N - meaning of Regia Nave, but only Nave, Because Italy was proclamed Republic Instead Kingdom).

Nice ribbons

IP

Ciao.

This ribbon are used only during 2WW. The navy, for military secret, in 1940, reemoved ribbon whit name unit & took rbbon with only Regia Marina, Regie Navi, Squadra Navale, Siluranti, etc.. This ribbon, if I remember well, was instituited on 1941. After war, come back ribbons with unit name (without R N - meaning of Regia Nave, but only Nave, Because Italy was proclamed Republic Instead Kingdom).

Nice ribbons

IP

i purchased a white italian navy sailor,s cap with this tally but is whitw,what do you think of this,is possible white for ww2

i purchased a white italian navy sailor,s cap with this tally but is whitw,what do you think of this,is possible white for ww2

Yes, In war time (and before of course) they use both white & blue.

I've a picture of my Uncle in 1939/40 that has a white one with R N Nicotera ribbon.

Ip

Yes, In war time (and before of course) they use both white & blue.

I've a picture of my Uncle in 1939/40 that has a white one with R N Nicotera ribbon.

Ip

but my cap looks very new,i can no post pics,cause are so big,i would thank you send you pics to your address,mine is :elcalifa1969@yahoo.es

gracie

fernando