News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Italy - NAVY CAP - identification pls

Hello,

it should be a cap for a Navy Non Commissioned Officer ("Capo"), with the rank in gold riband applied to the leather strap.

I think I could date the cap around the '70s of XX Century.

A huge collection of Naval memorabilia from all over the world (including Italy) is being sold at the San Giorgio Auction House ( www.sangiorgioaste.com ); two auctions have already been taken and others are in preparation.

Best wishes,

Elmar Lang

• 3 months later...

ciao

during how long was used in the marina militare this cap tally written"squadra navale"

gracie

hi,please tell me what do you think about this berretto per sottocapo da inizi 900,i bought on ebay italy,but seller before had bought from SANGIORGIOASTE.COM,i posted fotos on betasom italian forum and i received good opinions:"is original one",bur a person answered to me was not ok,only the nastrino,but he said too than nastrino is never stitched to the berretto like mine,size is 56,maker imperiale,but is posible for this period and from a privatelly purchase like this and can you help me if i send you pics?

now im going to post you pics

grazie

fernando