News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Slovakian Ribbon Bar with Iron Cross

My first Slovakian WW2 ribbon bar. Yes, it is a tab back - but it looks good, consistent wear and so on.

Not sure if I got the ribbons right: Silver Bravery Medal, Bronze Bravery Medal, EK2 and with a "Za Zasluhy" ("For Bravery"?) device - not sure what this indicates. But I guess an NCO.

Anyone got examples to compare? With German awards too?

Hello Webr55!

"Za Zasluhy" is more equivalent to "for merit" than "for bravery", which I guess makes sense

since that ribbon is at the end of the ribbon bar. Maybe a long server?

Greetings/GRA

Guest Rick Research

Mine must have been at a stay at home senior NCO, I think-- while your NCO was clearly a Russian Front combatant.

• 5 months later...

webr55: bravery medal II. class (silver), bravery medal III. class (bronze), EK2 and "medal for merit" - Za z?sluhy...

on the first two ribbons are missing enameled miniatures... medal for merit was given for 6 moths of service or for wound.

Rick Research: as I wrote it in other topic, your ribbon is for War victory cross V.-VII. class (medals of war victory cross) - Vojnov? v?ťazn? kr?? V.-VII. triedy...

Edited by Iver

webr55: bravery medal II. class (silver), bravery medal III. class (bronze), EK2 and "medal for merit" - Za z?sluhy...

on the first two ribbons are missing enameled miniatures... medal for merit was given for 6 moths of service or for wound.

Ah - many thanks! Is this the missing miniature for the silver bravery medal?

Chris

• 1 month later...

The more I look at this bar, the more spectacular I find it:

How many non-German ribbon bars (discounting Austrian) with the 1939 Iron Cross have we got? I think I've seen maybe one or two Spanish ones from Blue Division members.

Please show some examples if you got pictures or bars themselves!

• 4 years later...