News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Pakistan Group of 5 - Unnamed as Issued

Brian Wolfe

Hello Everyone,

Here is a group of five medals that I purchased a while ago with one medal being represented by its ribbon only. When I saw this group for sale I thought that perhaps the missing medal had, at one time, been with the group. When the group arrived it was evident that the medal had never been attached. I now know this to be fairly common.

I believe this group to be original based mainly on the mounting style itself. The back of the mount has plastic similar to what might have come from a shower curtain. :o

The group consists of:

Istar-i-Herb 1391/1971 War Star

Tamgha-i-Jang 1965 War Medal

Tamgha-i-Jang 1971 War Medal

Wiladat-i-Quaid-i-Azam Medal

Hijri Medal (ribbon only)

I hope you like the group.

Cheers :cheers:

Brian

Edited by Brian Wolfe

Quite plausible and with a good "gut" feeling.

Actually, the first one is the Istar-I-Herb, 1391, for the 1971 war (no Bengali and point up -- the 1375 [1965] medal is bilingual in Bengali and the point is downwards -- and the ribbons are different).

Edited by Ed_Haynes

Quite plausible and with a good "gut" feeling.

Actually, the first one is the Istar-I-Herb, 1391, for the 1971 war (no Bengali and point up -- the 1375 [1965] medal is bilingual in Bengali and the point is downwards -- and teh ribbons are different).

Thanks Ed, I've just made the edit.

Brian

Here is the reverse. The plastic, as I mentioned earlier, reminds me of shower curtain material. A good example of making due with what is at hand. Something we in the West, for the most part, have forgotten how to do.

Cheers

Brian