News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi

Ok, nothing super special but I would appreciate your help with the documents if possible.

The first piece is an envelope that I presume the certificate was sent in?

I would also like to try to have some translation help with the remaining documents.

many thanks in advance

andy

Guest Rick Research

1) is indeed an envelope specifically intended to present the Hindenburg Cross

2) is re-certifying his exempt from call up status from the local draft office in 1943

3) says he cannot attend the special celebration presenting the Hindenburg Cross since he's on duty, so please send it and the certificate back by bearer of this letter, and

4) the award document, signed by the Police President of Reichenberg:

SS Oberf?hrer "Paul Leffler" (unusual full name signature), born 1890, char. Oberleutnant der Matrosenartillerie aD, Marinekorps Flandern fighter squadron leader and observer in the 1st War: holder of 1914 EK1 and 2, other WW1 award(s), and as of 1944, the civil KVK2.

Recipient was the business manager of the Sudeten German Peoples Welfare life insurance company.

wow!

Shows how the mundane is actually- not.

That's a very late date for an HKx award and may be the latest I can remember ever seeing. Note the number in the left.

Edited by Ulsterman

Guest Rick Research

It does seem rather late-- 2 years! for a Sudetenlander. But then I can't remember when I last saw one from there. Perhaps there were verification problems if the New German had served in the Austro-Hungarian forces?

Hindenburg Cross award documents can often have very interesting autographs. :catjava: