News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Knight Order leopold I 1914-1918

Last, I saw on a fair, a nice civil version of a Knight Order Leopold I medal. It was, looking at the crossed swords on the ribbon, a medal from WWI. But, what's wondering me, is that, besides the crossed swords, the ribbon also had 2 gold stripes. My question is: is this combination possible? :banger:

The medal was also bilingual, but, I believe, that is possible in case of a replacement of the originally received medal. Isn't it?

Hello Bemed,

I have serious doubts about that : no crossed swords device on the civil version of the order, I think. The crossed swords on the ribbon indicate a military recipient !

On the other hand, no problem with the award being bilingual as many WWI survivors didn't receive this decoration until after 1951 through being "promoted" from the Crown Order.

Cheers,

Hendrik

Thanks Hendrik,

About the bilingual medal, my thoughts were correct,

but I have already seen civil versions of that order, attributed with crossed swords on the internet. See : http://users.skynet.be/hendrik/nl/B1-N-Goldstripe.html

In that case, the ribbon has crossed swords and only one stripe, and since I haven't seen a version of similar order with two gold stripes...

perhaps it is possible?

Anyone?

Cheers

Hehe, that's on my website but my remark is still valid. Unfortunately I've not yet found a better example of this decoration to add to my collection enabling me to replace that picture ... maybe one of these days I'll be lucky :D

Cheers,

Hendrik

OOPS, didn't know it was a site of yours, Hendrik... :cool:

still, not being sure if it is common or not, I went on a search to find the seller... and I found em and bought the medal, eventhough the man didn't know either.

If it turns out not to be common, I sill can get rid of it anyway..

So guys what does it says?

what you guys think?

By the way,I still have some topics running, without having got any answer yet , no one does have any clue? :banger:

thanks anyhow