News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Finding a name with this Hohenzollern Tunic

Hello Gentlemen,

Another member of this Club told me I could problaby find some help on solving my problem...

Well, I'm probably taking a giant leap into the impossible, but I wish to give it a serious shot again. The jacket on the photo below has been my favorite jacket for a long time and I wish to find out who weared this jacket back in the day.

I worked threw lists with lots and lots of names of owners of the hohenzollern houseorder but never managed to hook one up with this jacket.

At the moment I'm stuck, I don't know where to look for now..... Is there anybody who can help me find this man?

I post this in the Imperial sections because the owner must have been an Infantrie officer/man in Imperial times and hope to have some luck out here

The information out of this jacket is that he was an Infantrie Hauptman (captain) in the early '40's. Have the Hausorden, 2 other decorations (could be anything) and ribbonloops for 4 or 5 ribbons.

These ribbons must be something like, EK2 wo-1, the Hausorden, service medal.....

offjasjeinfluitenant1em2.jpg

any suggestions, help, anything (especially a name 1scream.gif ) is very, very much appreciated!

sorry for my poor English, I know it ain't all that.

Guest Rick Research

If that ribbon is original to the tunic, he would have had to have had a 1914 Iron Cross 1st Class. I would have expected a "young" officer with that sort of combat record in the First war to still be in combat in the Second-- there are no loops for an EK1 Spange?

If there was a name label...

without one, this is impossible.

There are NO clues to narrow this man's identity down. :(

:beer:

If that ribbon is original to the tunic, he would have had to have had a 1914 Iron Cross 1st Class. I would have expected a "young" officer with that sort of combat record in the First war to still be in combat in the Second-- there are no loops for an EK1 Spange?

If there was a name label...

without one, this is impossible.

There are NO clues to narrow this man's identity down. :(

Well, yes with a nametag it would be quite easier.

An EK 1 fit perfectly in the loops were now is the Infantry Badge.

And should I see Impossible as a challenge or as a waste of time?

Thanks for your reply and for a :beer: always welcome

Guest Rick Research

Impossible as in completely hopeless.

There were 9,000 "HOH3X" winners, and this has NO clues at all. Probably 5,000 of them were infantry Lieutenants. If the ribbon was added, or altered, then that makes a false clue.

It can't be done with NO clues to go on.

I've been doing this for 30 years now.

Completely hopeless. :beer:

Hello Rick,

Well, I was told if anybody could help me it would've been yo. So I guess I let this case rest and finf myself a nice new Imperial project.

Thanks a lot and the best wishes,

Michiel

Impossible as in completely hopeless.

There were 9,000 "HOH3X" winners, and this has NO clues at all. Probably 5,000 of them were infantry Lieutenants. If the ribbon was added, or altered, then that makes a false clue.

It can't be done with NO clues to go on.

I've been doing this for 30 years now.

Completely hopeless. :beer:

Guest Rick Research

It has a 15mm ribbon bar size device on it rather than the 25mm full size, which is what makes me wonder about it:

This was the more usual buttonhole ribbon size.

hello,

here are some photos of the insigna:

img1953is0.jpg

inside of the ribbon

img1949rc0.jpg

and the frontside

Do you want some close-ups of the bird and other insigna aswell?

with kindest regards,

Michiel

It has a 15mm ribbon bar size device on it rather than the 25mm full size, which is what makes me wonder about it:

This was the more usual buttonhole ribbon size.