News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi, today a couple of small but very interesting photos came to me.

4 pics with some writing on two of them, made me wonder if the men on the pics could be indentified ?

The first pic is a Officer with a enorous ribbon bar ? And possible a MMJO ribbon ?

sorry for the very small pic , but they arn?t bigger than this... :banger:

Next pic shows the awardings , thsi pic has som writing on the back I?ll show it next

Christer

Edited by christerd

Guest Rick Research

Epson scanner! Epson scanner! Epson scanner!

I cannot tell what the first officer is (Oberst? Major?) or his regiment without a close up of his shoulder board. He is wearing Iron Cross and Military Merit Order ribbons from his buttonhole.

Very nice, oddly modern handwriting (very neat) but written by an old person stuubbornly hanging on to the old-style spellings.

Von der Max Josephs

Prdens-Verleihung

Excellenz F. l??t

das Bataillon

vorbeimarschieren

Von links nach rechts

Rutz, Oberltn

Eder, Ltn u. Komp F.

Excellenz, Oberstltn F?ger

von Schacky und General R(u?n?)

Rutz was Oberlt dR (21.5.12) Ottmar, of Bavarian Inf Rgt 1. Held 1905 Jubilee medal and BLD2 before the war.

Lt Wolfgang Eder (24.10.89-13.6.16) of Bavarian Inf Rgt 1 was promoted to Oberleutnant 1.6.15 so the photo is from before then. MMJO "1.6.16."

OTL Otto Ritter von F?ger (6.12.69-23.8.17) received MMJO "26.10.14" as Commander of Bavarian Reserve Inf Rgt 1

von Schacky would be one of the von Schacky auf Sch?nfelds, but can't tell WHICH.