News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Iraqi Medals and Orders that need I.D

Guest IMHF

Here are some Iraqi Medals that need to be I.D

Does any one out there have information on them, please post here...

Thank you

Lorenzo

Lorenzo,

The first is the "Qaddisiyah Hero" badge/award/order instituted as part of the 1980's review of Iraqi awards - can you include a scan of the reverse? Please refer to your image of the very large display collar with assorted badges hanging from it.

I think you are correct with regard to the star - it is some form of police badge - although not clear, I have seen similar items, and the centre has the word "shurta" (police) on it. Please post close up to be sure.

Owain

Lorenzo,

The first is the "Qaddisiyah Hero" badge/award/order instituted as part of the 1980's review of Iraqi awards - can you include a scan of the reverse? Please refer to your image of the very large display collar with assorted badges hanging from it.

I think you are correct with regard to the star - it is some form of police badge - although not clear, I have seen similar items, and the centre has the word "shurta" (police) on it. Please post close up to be sure.

Owain

Ok thank you

Lorenzo

Ok thank you

Lorenzo

Lorenzo,

I like your new additions to your collection ! I have some information for you. The first badge is as Owain says " Hero of Al Qadissiyah " badge. It was awarded in 1986 for those distinguished brave men who defended Iraq against it's enemies. A very scarce badge. Designed by Mohammed Ghani ( famous Iraqi sculptor ).

Middle translation - Hero of Al Qadissiyah

Lower right in small letters - Mohammed Ghani

The second badge is a Policeman badge ,Swiss made ( Huguenin ) and used between 1958-1968 . It was worn on a leather belt across the body in the chest area on the right side. The translation of the inner star is " Iraqi Policeman" and inside the torch "14th of July" . The badge is not marked on back.

You had a question if the Feda'yeen had any medals just for them. My friend in Iraq who sent me the information for the above items said they had an Order called the Wisam Al Fida' / Order of Sacrifice and this Order is very scarce and he has only seen one in the past. Now you have another Order to find!!

Good luck in your searching and stay safe.

Bob

Bob

Wow thank you for all of this great information. I will keep my eyes out for that Iraqi order.

Wisam Al Fida' / Order of Sacrifice

Thank you so much for your friendship: do you think your Iraqi friend may have a picture of it?

Lorenzo

Edited by IMHF

Bob

Wow thank you for all of this great information. I will keep my eyes out for that Iraqi order.

Wisam Al Fida' / Order of Sacrifice

Thank you so much for your friendship: do you think your Iraqi friend may have a picture of it?

Lorenzo

Lorenzo,

I E-Mailed my friend in Iraq to see if he has a picture of the Order and will let you know. Always glad to help you out.

Bob

Lorenzo,

I E-Mailed my friend in Iraq to see if he has a picture of the Order and will let you know. Always glad to help you out.

Bob

Bob

Thank you so much for your help, I still need the other three Iraqi medals from you. I bought the Wounded medal in the box case from you and need the other three: I will buy the whole set from you all 4 of them so they are not sold separately.

Thank you

Lorenzo