News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

Nice Luftwaffe sew on bar-- but weird that he wore his foreign decoration LAST and the "everybody got them" campaign medals first.

So what, are you starting a sub-specialty with the strange 1920s veterans "Siegfriedschwertern" devices now? :speechless1::rolleyes::cheeky:

That's what those are. Thrifty ribbon bar outfitters just getting rid of old stock.

They are really weird looking, aren't they?

Nice Luftwaffe sew on bar-- but weird that he wore his foreign decoration LAST and the "everybody got them" campaign medals first.

Thanks Rick for the answer.... what ribbon bar you mean.... the one with Finnish order on the end? How you know that its Luftwaffe?? :rolleyes:

Any toughts about the swords on the EK2 on the Bavarian bar?

Guest Rick Research

Yes-- that is Luftwaffe Abzeichentuch (badge cloth).

Swords are on the wrong ribbon-- should be on the Bavarian MMC. :rolleyes:

I hope it's not to rude to use Timo's thread for two of my new ribbon bars I've got questions about - just not worth starting a new thread for those. The first one should be pretty okay, but I'm not 100% sure what the awards are - may this be a Hassian NCO who only got an long service award from his own grand duke, got nothing in WWI but a pre-war Reuss merit order's class (the merit medal most likely). Makes that sense and should it be right like that?

The second one has fine old silk ribbons, though I'm not sure about it. Unfortunally no backing - and the backing's mostly where I recognize if a bar is good or bad. The combination is odd but with the Hanseatenkreuze given to various people possibly. Good or bad?!

That's all for now but more too follow, I hope. Thanks in advance.

Guest Rick Research

I think the 3rd ribbon on your Hessian bar is for the Hessian Feuerwehr Ehrenkreuz 1935-38 for career firemen.

The other one is odd, but possible 1933-35 before the Hindenburg Cross.

:catjava:

Thanks Rick. The clue is just to know any ribbon - great it seems you do!

:rolleyes:

With these 1930s "Landesverb?nde" awards etc. I'm really not familiar (yet). Though at least I know what you mean. That's a rather scarce award, isn't it?