News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

79th Division AEF collection

Cherie E

As a new member, I thought I would post a few pics of my very small collection. When I got interested in militaria collecting, I was a little overwhelmed with the idea of what to focus on so I decided to start with items relating to my family's military service (the 79th is the division my grandfather served in).

The first pic is a long photo of the 316th MG unit taken at Camp Dix, NJ and was my first militaria-related item. I found it on Ebay and was surprised to find my grandfather in the picture and knew that I had to have it! The second pic is a souvenir booklet of Camp Meade, MD, that is titled "Over Here, Preparing for Over There." I also have the books "History of the 79th Division AEF" and the "Regimental History of the 316th Infantry."

When I get a chance, I will post some pics of my father's insignias & Victory Medal from WW2. They are the only other items in my collection right now.

Cherie