News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

marshals and generals of france

Roeland

Hello gents,

I was wondering if anyone knows if there are any good books about Marshals and Generals of france from the first and second World wars.

I collected photo's from officers of those ranks, such as castelnau, joffre, weygand etc. and now I want info on them all.

Just info like birth dates and what battles they have done, doesn't need to be a long story, just basic info.

I'm looking for real books about those high ranking officers, I've got +- 60 names I need info on.

No internetsites please.

any body know a good book (or books)?

kind regards,

Roeland

• 2 weeks later...

Roeland

What you need is the special "XXe Si?cle" issue of the french "Who's Who". Its first edition was published in 2001. You might be able to find a copy in one of the larger public libraries in your country.

All the major military leaders you mention (and many others) have a good and short biography in that book.

Regards

Veteran

• 6 months later...

Hello gents,

I was wondering if anyone knows if there are any good books about Marshals and Generals of france from the first and second World wars.

I collected photo's from officers of those ranks, such as castelnau, joffre, weygand etc. and now I want info on them all.

Just info like birth dates and what battles they have done, doesn't need to be a long story, just basic info.

I'm looking for real books about those high ranking officers, I've got +- 60 names I need info on.

No internetsites please.

any body know a good book (or books)?

kind regards,

Roeland

Hello Roeland

I'm ready to help you....I have the same passion but only for the WW1

Hello Roeland,

I'm reday to help you....I have the same passion than you but only for the generals of WW1

What will be your first request....CASTELNAU-JOFFRE-FOCH and so on

Best regards

G?rard

Good evening at all

Plse find below the list of the French Marshals during the WW1

Mar?chal JOFFRE - Mar?chal FOCH - Mar?chal PETAIN - Mar?chal FAYOLLE - Mar?chal FRANCHET D'ESPEREY - Mar?chal LYAUTEY - Mar?chal GALLIENI

More informations on request

JOFFRE

FOCH

g_n_ral_Foch.htm

Next on the previous message

G?rard

Hello,

very nice pictures.

Thank you for offering your help, I appreciate it very much, however I think I'll manage as I've found quite a lot of information now.

I really like the URL you gave to that set (2 tomes) of books about French ww1 generals.

I was looking for that for a while, however I could only find pages where people offered it for more than 100 euro for each tpart of the set.

I ordered it right away now, that should be a very good source of information, can't wait until I receive it.

Thanks again, I wish you a good evening.

kind regards,

Roeland