News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Don't you just love it when you come across a dealer who doesn't what he's got !! Rare but the law of averages dictates that it has to happen once in a while. I happened upon this little cross all lonely in the back of a dealers display box at a medal fair last week. Best of all it had a price tag on it of ?22 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he clearly had no idea what it was. I have never got ?22 out of my pocket so quickly in my life !! It did cross my mind to haggle a little but that would be taking the p***. Anyway a nice issue Mecklenburg-Strelitz stekkreuz for distinction in war. I'm happy, Ferg1.

006-7.jpg

005-7.jpg

Guest Rick Research

Haven't a clue myself if it's real, a fake, a 1920s/30s piece. All I can say is how many were officially awarded... which is indeed

:jumping::jumping::jumping::jumping:

Roll will be out next Spring. :catjava:

No wonder you are happy!!

Obverse detail looks good. No real signs of casting. Reverse hardware appears period (wartime or early post-war) and is in line with other EK1 equivalent variants from Meck-Schwerin, Lippe-Detmold, Braunschweig, Oldenburg, etc. I certainly like it a lot and would not have hesitated either.

For that price, what does it matter anyway!

Regards

Mike