News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Questions about collar tabs and shoulder straps

Hello Gentlemen,

Im a little confused with the collar tabs and shoulder straps of Medicals and Judicials Generals of Luftwaffe.

I have two questions:

for medical generals - they wear white collar tabs like others generals. But the shoulder straps ?? white too ?? or cornflower blue ?? with pips and medical symbol ??

for judicial generals - they wear Bordeaux Red collar tabs ?? I like to see a picture of Generalrichter and Generalstabsrichter collar tabs if possible, i never seen one before.

And shoulder straps ?? what the colours used ?? with pips and sword??

Thx in advance

Regards

Hello Gentlemen,

Im a little confused with the collar tabs and shoulder straps of Medicals and Judicials Generals of Luftwaffe.

I have two questions:

for medical generals - they wear white collar tabs like others generals. But the shoulder straps ?? white too ?? or cornflower blue ?? with pips and medical symbol ??

for judicial generals - they wear Bordeaux Red collar tabs ?? I like to see a picture of Generalrichter and Generalstabsrichter collar tabs if possible, i never seen one before.

And shoulder straps ?? what the colours used ?? with pips and sword??

Thx in advance

Regards

Hello Alexandre,

Medical Generals in the luftwaffe used the standard white collar tabs and shoulder boards. The only difference would be the addition of the medical cypher to the shoulder boards.

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=18357

Judicial was a bit more involved. Prior to 1944, all Judicial and Courtsmartial personnel were Administrative Officials. Justice Officials wore Wine Red collar tabs and nebenfarbe on the boards and Courtsmartial Officials wore bordeaux red. collar tabs and nebenfarbe on the shoulder boards. The General Officers the colored insignia with gold embroidery on the tabs. At some point, the collar tabs were changed to the common dark green Admin tabs(the nebenfarbe on the shoulder boards remained the same for personnel under the rank of General).

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=17433

During 1944, the TSD came on line. The TSD had two branches... TSD Judical and TSD Admin. TSD Judical had the wine red collar tabs and shoulder board underlay(configured like regular Luftwaffe). The shoulder boards had the sword cypher.

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=16844

Please see the related links.

Regards

Paul