News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Gold Star Hero Personnel File Type Photos

Guest Rick Research

Guest Rick Research

Ewwww, Frank Purdue cloned with Rasputin... that's not right!

How old was he? 60? A partisan? I guess we should translate "Starshy Leitenant" as OLD Lieutenant and not Senior Lieutenant in his case!

• 3 months later...

Rick-

I don't know what the scrawl is, but that's for sure him... Not many HSUs were awarded a Glory (or two) as well, and he was the only Karasyov to be awarded both a Red Banner and Glory 3rd. So, someone messed up something, somewhere!

Dave

To all:

As a point of clarification, beyond the four Full Cavaliers of the Order of Glory who were also HSUs, there is also a very healthy number of HSUs who were either single or double Order of Glory winners. Details will be included in my forthcoming book.

Regards,

slava1stclass

Dear Mr. "Slava1stClass",

we are all looking forward to your forthcoming historical work about the "Order of Glory" :-)

The fact is, that only four (4) cavaliers of the order of Glory got also a HSU.

I assume, that the "normal" procedure for a soldier or sergeant, who already got his Glory 3rd & 2nd class, was, to get the Glory 1st class for his forthcoming heroic deed and not to get the HSU.

Maybe you can tell us the actual number of HSU, who also were awarded Glory 3rd & 2nd class.

Best regards

Christian Zulus

To all:

As stated in my above post, there were only four Full Cavaliers of the Order of Glory who were also HSUs. Yes, my forthcoming work will include details on the single and double Order of Glory winners who were also HSUs.

Regards,

slava1stclass