News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Staatspolizei Badge/ID

Gents,

I hope that I am posting this in the proper forum. The following two scans are of a badge/ID that is approximately 2 inches square. it appears to made of brass and has some weight to if for it's size (solid piece).

My questions(s) are if it is a real piece or fake and if it is real what exactly is it?

Thanks

These pieces have been around for many years and vary in quality with many of them being obvious fakes. I have seen a few examples that bear further scrutiny. IF THERE ARE actual examples dating back to the pre 1945 period, they must may have been some sort of property marker, as all of them seem to bear the SAME number for each individual KZ represented by the name on the piece. It is my opinion that they were never used as identification for a STAATSPOLIZEI officer.

Gents,

I hope that I am posting this in the proper forum. The following two scans are of a badge/ID that is approximately 2 inches square. it appears to made of brass and has some weight to if for it's size (solid piece).

My questions(s) are if it is a real piece or fake and if it is real what exactly is it?

Thanks

These pieces have been around for many years and vary in quality with many of them being obvious fakes. I have seen a few examples that bear further scrutiny. IF THERE ARE actual examples dating back to the pre 1945 period, they must may have been some sort of property marker, as all of them seem to bear the SAME number for each individual KZ represented by the name on the piece. It is my opinion that they were never used as identification for a STAATSPOLIZEI officer.

These examples are from what I refer to as my Fake Collection.

• 1 month later...
    • 2 months later...

What ever it is, it is not an ID disc.

They are oval -shaped.

I own an original KRIPO-ID of high detail and quality.

Eagle on one side, number and KRIPO on the other side.

The gestapo ones look about the same.

There is a cord that goes through a hole on the side to attach it to a pocketbutton of the uniform.

If anyone knows how i can find the name of the owner with the number on the disc, i would very much appreciate it!

Edited by Valgor

• 9 months later...