News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Help with Crest on Engraved Army

Hi Gents ...A good friend of mine owns this Blade and although she is not a Collector , she'd really like to know more about the crest and engraving.

I've never run into an Army engraved like this ...don't know if any of you might have.

The Crest looks rather crude when compared with the Text .

Opinions anyone ?

Guest Rick Research

There has never been any such thing as a central registry for German heraldry, unlike Britain. With no crown over the shield, this is the arms of a family of non-noble origin.

Unless somebody who already knows whose it is sees it, hopeless.

Can't even get results on NOBLE arms:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=7501

Names are much better. :catjava:

Thanks Rick ...I honestly had a feeling that locking this in would be a long shot but , I told her I'd post it to see what was said.

I'm not heavy into Blades so ...it's a little out of my realm

Thanks --Mike

Guest Rick Research

It's too bad because there is no way to google search on a design, while if there was a NAME somebody sometime somewhere could be drawn here to help. :(

Particularly unfortunate since secret wartime Wehrmacht seniority lists right down to Leutnant have now been found (unindexed of course :banger: ).

Oh no-- something Nietzsche/Nazi

"In (the) struggle alone is victory." :speechless1:

:lol::lol: a "Neo Nietzsche" ??

Years ago she was told that it belonged to a German General ...probably based on it being engraved and the gold showing on the hangers . I think the Gold might be the Brass showing.

Thanks again Rick :beer:

• 9 months later...