News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Romanian Military Technical Academy badge

This is a recent addition to my collection. It has no maker mark but is numbered 601 on the reverse. The academy is located in Bucharest but can anyway advise the period when this badge was used. Also how common/scarce are these ?

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_11_2008/post-1487-1226703982.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_11_2008/post-1487-1226704004.jpg

Guest Rick Research

I wonder if that's the current Republic-- since it does not have a royal crown nor the Communist Republic's "RPR" or "RSR?"

This badge was introduced after 1990, so the topic belongs to the non-communist era section.

Many thanks for the information. If someone with the relevant powers could move this to the correct section it would be great.

How many of these are handed out every year ? It is a very well made badge, nice to see quality standards retained.

How many of these are handed out every year ?

I think it depends on the number of graduates. The academy has a homepage, but it does not seem to be working right now.

It is a very well made badge, nice to see quality standards retained.

It is/was made at the State Mint together with the other Romanian badges and decorations.