News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I recently got this medal bar with much "Prussian Blue" on it: three of the generic blue long service ribbons sandwiched by an EK II and an Erinnerungsmedaille 1897!

:speechless1:

The bar is an really old one from about 1918/1920 era, so it cannot be for something TR-ish nor can it be foolishly ignored 1936 long service awards regulations. The 2nd long service award is missing, but as the 3rd class is mounted in last place I cannot imagine it was a legitime LW2, but one more for the active military. From the height of the ring it has been most likely a cross 1st class for XV years. Is it possible with imperial maths to have (not to wear, I know the rules) the IX, XV and XXV?!

Guest Rick Research

The 1897 throws things offline by being sewn in-- I guess the metal clip is broken there? They otherwise should all line up flat across the bottom, since the clips have been carefully mounted at various levels.

What you've got is a Very Naughty Anything Goes Weimar Person:

This is, of corse, Very Much Wrong. :rolleyes:

The 1897 throws things offline by being sewn in-- I guess the metal clip is broken there? They otherwise should all line up flat across the bottom, since the clips have been carefully mounted at various levels.

Yes, it is. Some of the others are lose, too. But they are still in place and we can see where they were fixed - and from the height one can assume it had to be a XV in 3rd place, or am I totally wrong? I'd hardly doubt a LW1 and a LW2 would, as it's smaller, be fixed at a lower point.

PS:

if anyone should be interessted in the bar: it might be on the sales section in some days. I'm totally out of money... :speechless1: