News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Sand Camo. Shell w/ decal

I'm curious if it is at all possible to tell from what area this helmet may have come from by the color alone? I don't know if there is anyway to tell if one might have been exclusive to Africa. Where else would tan have been used? Italy, Greece or maybe Southern Russia? I belive that in March of 1942 a darker shade of tan was used than previous for the Africa theater. This is far from a "mustard tan" or even a brown color. Does this really rule out Africa?

I think it is genuine, only from photos though.... Any comments would be welcome. I'm on the fence about buying this one and am looking for some enlightenment ?

Thanks Gents and Merry Christmas

I'm curious if it is at all possible to tell from what area this helmet may have come from by the color alone? I don't know if there is anyway to tell if one might have been exclusive to Africa. Where else would tan have been used? Italy, Greece or maybe Southern Russia? I belive that in March of 1942 a darker shade of tan was used than previous for the Africa theater. This is far from a "mustard tan" or even a brown color. Does this really rule out Africa?

I think it is genuine, only from photos though.... Any comments would be welcome. I'm on the fence about buying this one and am looking for some enlightenment ?

Thanks Gents and Merry Christmas

Balkins/Mediterranean area? lets see the inside please!