News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

NOTHING written on back? :banger:

This is too fuzzy to be SURE... but since he appears to have a Wehrmacht 25 there... I find no match in the Reichsheer... which means he went from the Imperial Army through the Weimar Polizei and then into the Wehrmacht-- invisibly.

It would be nice to have a clear shot of his exact rank and whatever unit designation is on his boards.

BTW-- his Waffenrock can only be described as freakish-- the light PIPING suggests infantry-- and yet his collar and cuff Litzen appear to be applied directly onto the dark green of his collar and cuffs WITHOUT THE WAFFENFARBE UNDERLAY that should give them all a rectangular border. Should NOT be able to "see" the points of the Litzen sticking out like this.

A place name on back.... anything might have helped track him down. :(

Guest Rick Research

Freaky. He does indeed have his collar and cuff Litzen directly applied without being on any Waffenfarbe underlay!!! :speechless1::speechless1::speechless1:

From that smudge and blur of a medal bar and the bumps and waves in his shoulder boards---

BEHOLD !!!!!

Eckhard von Geyso

Born Charlottenburg 25 May 1891

Died 1982

Army 18.06.10 Fahnenjunker Garde Grenadier Rgt 3

Leutnant 18.11.11 Ff

Oberleutnant 27.01.17 Rr/#3

Hauptmann 01.05.24 #4

Major

Oberstleutnant 01.08.36 #4

Oberst 01.02.39 # 4

Generalmajor 01.10.42 # 2

Medal bar =

EK2 1914

HEK3X 16.04.18 as Ordonnanzoffizier XIV. AK (the PRINCELY Hohenzollern, not the Royal version)

LK

HCX

SilE2

WM25

WM12

Also had Spangen to Iron Crosses, German Cross in Gold 18.10.41

1914: 5./ GGR 3

1924: Regimental Adjutant IR 8 (Wound Badge omitted)

1928: 4th (MG)/ IR 8 (Wound Badge is now listed)

1937: Commander IInd Bn/ IR 29

1939: Grenz Inf Rgt 121

01.09.39 to 19.02.42 Commander Inf Rgt 121

21.04.42 Commander Inf Rgt 489

01.10.42 Commander Truppen ?bungsplatz D?beritz

01.07. to 12.12.43 Commander 709th Division

01.06.44 Commander 193rd Division

POW Soviet Union 08.05.45 to 08.10.55

His entry in the Biblio army generals biographies should confirm face and how/where he ended up with a Silesian Eagle 2nd Class 1919/21.

He did not have the Johanniter in 1924 (which also omitted showing his 1918 Wound Badge-- BAD, BAD 1924 Reichsheer proofreaders trying to trick the Research Gnomes!!!!!) and these stopped being listed, I think, in 1926 following the von Seeckt purge. The army banned them about 1939/40 as I recall.

This will date October 1936 to end of 1938, while he was an Oberstleutnant in Inf Rgt 29.

Guest Rick Research

Bernhard Holst (Santa did not bring him an Epson scanner AGAIN :( ) tells me that sure looks like von Geyso's portrait in the Generals bios. Von Geyso died in Berlin 16 July 1982.

Thanks Bernhard! :cheers:

BTW-- you may want to repost this photo over in the Wehrmacht uniforms section. I have never ever ever seen a Waffenrock like this without underlay on the Litzen. None of us would buy one today that looked like that! :speechless1: :cheeky: