News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

The one example that springs to my mind are pharmacists (Apotheker). They seem to have been overwhelmingly of reserve status from Imperial straight through Wehrmacht periods.

During the Great War there were a number of war's duration ("a.K." -- auf Kriegsdauer) appointments to fill the needs of the mass army. Those wouldn't normally have been required in the pre-war forces.

Joe,

as Rick points out, the only really sizeable group of reserve officials were the pharmacists. There were additionally about twenty reserve veterinary officials still on the books in 1914. These were guys who had not been converted into reserve veterinary officers at the creation of that branch. Many former active officials were of course recalled for the duration of the war but bear in mind the very essence of the official is that of a full time career public servant, not a part time job. What exactly are you looking for?

Regards

Glenn

What exactly are you looking for?

Glenn,

I really am not looking for anything, someone showed me a Beamte helmet with a Landwehr cross. I didn't like it at all and did not think there was such a thing. However, this individual insisted- repeatedly. So I just thought I would ask.

Thanks for your help!

VR/Joe