News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unknown KC-Holder with unknown decoration

Hello friends,

first of all, let me wish You all a Happy New Year.

Last year was not so good for me, as You all know and it ended with a skiing accident of my wife ( she is a ski-teacher ). She suffered a cruciate ligament rupture ( took it from a dictionary ) and is now knocked out for the rest of this winter, which is very bad for her, cause she is a winter sports enthusiast.

But the new year started with a couple of interesting photos, so the start is not bad so far.

Here are a few photos from an unknown KC-holder.

They were made here in Munich.

Now - we see on the photo before, that he belongs to a Gebirgsj?ger unit.

What puzzles me, is the Edelwei? badge on his left breast.

At first sight one would presume a Heeresbergf?hrer badge, worn on the wrong side ??

A KC-Holder should know where to wear his badges, hmm ???

But in the lot, there is another photo, which shows the KC-Holder in a Red Cross Uniform and here he also wears the Edelwei? badge on the left breast.

This photo was sure taken earlier.

I seem to remember a WAF thread @3-5 years ago about a special ski/winter/mountain sports proficiency badge issued to locals at Burchesgarden. perhaps it is that one.

There was a picture of the local fireCapatin, the posters' Granddad, wearing this badge.

Guest Rick Research

Best wishes for a speedy recovery to your wife!

I think what you have there are 3 brothers. In the first photo, one in Red Cross, one in Army, and one in Air Force uniform.

While I agree that in that group photo the Red Cross brother is also wearing a Bergf?hrer badge, I don't think it's the Ritterkreuz holder-- I think it is the brother on the left in the first photo.

Of particular note for our Fallschirmj?ger collectors--

although the Oberleutnant is wearing the LUFTWAFFE parachute badge-- he is wearing the ARMY eagle on his medal bar-- suggesting a transfer of service.