News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hallo,

I would like you opinion on this badge. The badge is hollow with plated-over reverse. This question have been post in other forum, but it got no response, please check out the photos and give me your opinions.

Thanks S?dwester

Guest Rick Research

There were-- according to most sources-- 99 of these awarded. There must be 617,894--at least--in existence in A.D. 2009. :rolleyes:

By statistical probability, that is not good news for ANY of ... the 617,795 that cannot possibly be original.

I have been collecting for 45 years. I have never seen a single example of this award that came from a documented recipient's Nachlass that could ever be established as the basis to decide WHAT 1 of those original 99 badges actually looked like.

Unfortunately, like the Holy Grail, there is no realistic way to ever--now-- be able to tell what is or is not a 1920s, 1930s, 1970s, 1990s, 200Xs piece.

I know of no person who CAN say-- authoritatively-- what ANY of these badges are or are not. Lots of opinions-- in fact, as many as there are badges-- but no PROOF. Everybody-- all 617,894 people who have this badge-- want to BELIEVE that theirs is original "because..." and there is simply absolutely no way to tell that. There is simply no evidence. :(

This is one of the many many questions which will never have any satisfactory answer. :beer:

I agree with rick! I have seen these badges selling from $10.00 at flea markets to $1000s at militaria shows ! I never have seen a documented one in 20 + yrs and most dealers will tell you its 100%

So beware ! chances are its a repop from the 1970s ! just my opinion ! Rick is more of a Imperial guru than most so i would take his word !!!

Hi S?dwester,

you got a lot of answer in other forum but there were all negative. You forget to say that this one is made of zinc.

I saw only two documents of this badge. One sold on Thies with badge another document in a group with badge came from privat.

Both badges were made of metall but no zinc.

Regards Alex