News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

This "between the wars" officer medalbar I bought a few days before with its ribbonbar and lapel bow from another collector.

Ribbonbar and lapel bow missing the 1934 cross and the Red Cross Medal 3rd class, so both must be made earlier then the medalbar. Interestingly the sequence of ribbons on these are different. IMO the ribbons on the lapel bow are in the correct order.

On the back an interesting J.Godet & Sohn label, can?t remember if I have seen that one before.

I like that group very much, but I am afraid there is not enough for an identification. The HOHX is silver gild Wagner & Sohn (W 938 marked), so it is awarded from 1916 on. Therefore it seems unlikely, that we have a late war Oberst/GM a.D. with the missing Crown Order on the neck :unsure:

Best regards, Komtur.

Edited by Komtur

Guest Rick Research

Not Reichsheer or Reichsmarine, so we simply lose him without having rolls for Oldenburg, Hesse, and Braunschweig. :(

The Red Cross Medal is rather odd-- perhaps one of the dozen or so medical officers who received the HOH3X?

Looks like someone who retired about the rank of Oberstleutnant/Generalarzt to me.

• 4 weeks later...

The Red Cross Medal is rather odd-- perhaps one of the dozen or so medical officers who received the HOH3X?

Looks like someone who retired about the rank of Oberstleutnant/Generalarzt to me.

What about

Dr. Duda

DAO 1908/9 ObStA Gren. Rgt. 7 - PrRA4 * PrZM

RL 1914 - GOA Divisionsarzt 9. Division - RAO4 only

HOHRX 21.11.1918 (Willi Geile)

Best regards, Komtur.

Guest Rick Research

Nope-- GSF3aX and MMV2 aka MK2 for him.

Can't find the combination on your bar because all those other awards remain "invisible" unless Reichsheer. So cannot match him to anyone with what we have so far for award rolls. :(

May I ask again if there are decorations to excluse

Dr. Ernst Hinze

DAO 1908/9 ObStA Hus. Rgt. 5 - PrRA4 * PrZM

RL 1914 - OStA Hus. Rgt. 5 - RAO4 * DAK25

HOHRX 11.07.1918 GOA (Willi Geile)

Ehrenrangliste - GOA a.D. Divisionsarzt Garde-Ersatz-Div.

Kind regards, Komtur.

Guest Rick Research

Dr. Ernst got nothing we have rolls for. He did not get the HOH3X. That was Dr. Maximilian (1868-1951) of Feldart 5 who also had a KO4 and PrRKm3. Also a White Russian RSt2X.

Dr. Ernst got nothing we have rolls for. He did not get the HOH3X. That was Dr. Maximilian (1868-1951) of Feldart 5 who also had a KO4 and PrRKm3. Also a White Russian RSt2X.

Poor Ernst. I thought he was the happy one of the two Dr. Hinzes, not Max.

Thanks.

The last two possible medical officers with HOH3X from Geile (Milit?rwochenblatt) are:

Dr. Elbe

RL 1914 - StA JBtl. 3 - RAO4

Milit?rwochenblatt (Willi Geile) OStA HOH3X 23.07.1918

Ehrenrangliste - GOA a.D.

Prof. Dr. Rammstedt

RL 1914 - OStA K?r. Rgt. 4 - RAO4

Milit?rwochenblatt (Willi Geile) OStA HOHRX 27.06.1918

Ehrenrangliste - GOA a.D.

Lundstr?m/Krause - EH2bX

I know, that there are lots of other non-medical officers with the combination RAO4/HOH3X who may got the red cross medal too.

Best regards, Komtur.

Edited by Komtur