News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

New researched orders/medals

To Rick and all the other gentlemen. I?ve just receive 5 documents on medals I own...Of one of them I can?t identify the grade of this man. (I own only their Military service medal nr.. 1537431)

I f you send me your email adress I could send you the doc. at a reasonable size.

Thanks, beforehand.

I wish you a Very Good new year....(but the things are rather dark...)

miguel

Guest Rick Research

You can't read it because it isn't there-- it is off the margin at left, not copied. I hope you have his Awards Record Card.

He was a (off page) of Administrative Services at (off page) Operational Instruction Unit Military Warehouse (? 309 2 VA ?)

Name Trofim Ivanovich Salat, Ukrainian, peasant, born 1899. Holder of the 1918-1938 Jubilee Medal.

Difficult to find the optimal size...

You can't read it because it isn't there-- it is off the margin at left, not copied. I hope you have his Awards Record Card.

He was a (off page) ofAdministrative Services at (off page) Operational Instruction Unit Military Warehouse (? 309 2 VA ?)

Name Trofim Ivanovich Salat, Ukrainian, peasant, born 1899. Holder of the 1918-1938 Jubilee Medal.

VERY easy with an EPSON scanner. :rolleyes:

Show the other side with his personal details.

I own aEpson perfection 3490 phpto. what?s the best resolution for this type of docs.??? (I?ve it at 300 ppp)

Guest Rick Research

:cheers: No-- just use 150dpi. You can get a much BIGGER image that is just as clear.

He was a Major of Administrative Service

Born in the city of Priluki, Chernigorskaya Oblast

In the Red Army since January 1919

He was decorated and was still in the same position when the ARC was filled out (15 cannot read month 1946) as Commander of Operational-Instructional Unit (whatever THAT meant) of Military Warehouse 309.

Military Merit Medal 1,537,431 on 7 October 1944 by decree of 2nd VA

Red Banner 201,997 for long service on 3.11.44

OPW 2nd 531,698 on 15 June 1945 by dcree of 2nd VA (can't remember what that is the abbreviation for at the moment-- 2nd SOMETHING Army)

Medal XX Jubilee of the Red Army # 19,407

Order of Lenin 5 November 1946 which is quite a delay for long service-- he should have gotten this in February 1945

Guest Rick Research

That is too small and fuzzy for my 1 eye. You can scan it in 2 pieces 50% bigger.

He was a copyist (Perepischik) at brigade and division and army staffs in the early 1920s, so his handwriting was good. Or maybe not! :cheeky:

He served at Military Warehouse/Depot (Sklad) 309 from July 1939 until his retirement (for age presumably) in March 1949. That seems to have been the main military warehouse for something (automobiles?) of the .... Military District. Before that he was at Military Warehouse/Depot 27 from August 1928 to July 1939. That doesn't sound very exciting-- but he survived the Great Purge and must have been of some importance to have remained in positions for such lengthy periods of time.

I can't SEE any better.

That is too small and fuzzy for my 1 eye. You can scan it in 2 pieces 50% bigger.

He was a copyist (Perepischik) at brigade and division and army staffs in the early 1920s, so his handwriting was good. Or maybe not! :cheeky:

He served at Military Warehouse/Depot (Sklad) 309 from July 1939 until his retirement (for age presumably) in March 1949. That seems to have been the main military warehouse for something (automobiles?) of the .... Military District. Before that he was at Military Warehouse/Depot 27 from August 1928 to July 1939. That doesn't sound very exciting-- but he survived the Great Purge and must have been of some importance to have remained in positions for such lengthy periods of time.

I can't SEE any better.

I?m at work now, but I?ll try my best in the late afternnon. (in Spain)

Thanks again

Miguel

Guest Rick Research

The OTHER side of the page with his photo that you've shown above will have his more complete personal details, promotion dates etc.

The OTHER side of the page with his photo that you've shown above will have his more complete personal details, promotion dates etc.

So, it?s possible we know why this man keep their head above the water and got his medals...??

(in two parts)

Guest Rick Research

Yes much better.

His MMM citation is for moving the contents of his "aviation technical property" warehouse in 241 freight wagons... transporting it by trucks... tons and tons moved and "All property inventoried." So his warehouse MOVED!!! :speechless1:

This says he was bornb 1 October 1899 in the village of Matsievka

Technical Intendant 1st Rank 01.02.36

Intendant 3rd Rank 23.03.39

Major of Administrative Service 17.04.43

Served on the Southwest Front June 1941 to July 1942

On the Voronezh Front July 1942 to October 1943

On the 1st Ukrainian Front October 1943 to May 1945

He also got the medals for Victory Over Germany and 1948 Armed Forces Jubilee.

Divorced, son Valentin born 1926 (no mention of ex-wife :rolleyes: )

Military career-- ah, you have TWO of those. Nice typed with small photo is the older one.

20.01.19 Copyist with the Poltavsky Gubernsky Military Commissariat (Province-- later "Oblast")

01.12.19 Secretary to the Poltava Province Military Commissariat

etc :rolleyes: