News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Oberstleutnant Alfred Stadler

Hi pals.

Stadler fell 7.9.1942 on the Eastern Front (Finland). His Death notice say, that he was a regimental-commander. He received German cross in Gold on 24.12.1941 as Major and commander III./IR 379 (169. ID) so I assume, he later became commander of the regiment.

Could anyone help me with my question?

Gru? und Dank

Stefan

Edited by IR 134

• 2 months later...

Hi Mike.

Coooooooooollllllllllllllll :jumping:

Didn?t expected that anyone will reply me for my question.

From what source is this?

Can?t see precise the entry on the 2nd picture. Could you please tell me what is written there or maybe make a bigger picture? :rolleyes:

Regards Stefan :cheers:

Hi Stefan,

Glad this data was of interest to you. I saved the notes, but they are at my office and I am away for a week. I'll get the citations for you when I return.

Cheers

Hi Stefan,

Glad this data was of interest to you. I saved the notes, but they are at my office and I am away for a week. I'll get the citations for you when I return.

Cheers

OK Mike, many thanks for that.

Cheers :cheers:

Stefan

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your patience. I didn't save my notes on Stadler because he wasn't the subject of my search, but I went back and found him for you. The second document comes from a partial listing of infantry officers that I found in T-315, RG 242, US National Archives.

The original microfilm image is very poor, but I shot a few more images that are too large to post here with any clarity. If you want them, send your email address to me at

mjc@westmorelandresearch.org

and I'll send them along. The new images I took are substantial improvements.

If not too private, can you describe your interest in Stadler? I'd love to see if you have anything related to the search.

Cheers,

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

but I went back and found him for you.

Hello Mike.

Maaaaany thanks for your help. :jumping:

I hope you don?t had any trouble therefore to go to the archive again.

My interest in Stadler results from the fact that he served in WW 1 in IR 134 as a young officer. He was born in Plauen where his father (?) have had a embroidery-company.

I sent you my mail to your adress.

Gru? Stefan

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Stefan,

Sorry for the delayed response, it seems like all my of clients have gone off their medication! :speechless:

I'll send the images to your email tonight.

Glad to be able to help this little bit, and good luck with your future research.

Cheers,

Mike

Edited by Mike Constandy

• 3 years later...

Hi pals.

Stadler fell 7.9.1942 on the Eastern Front (Finland). His Death notice say, that he was a regimental-commander. He received German cross in Gold on 24.12.1941 as Major and commander III./IR 379 (169. ID) so I assume, he later became commander of the regiment.

Could anyone help me with my question?

Gru? und Dank

Stefan

Hello, according to his mil. career Bleyer commanded 3.41- 4.43 (as OTL./Ob.) the IR.379, so Stadler could not be commander (unless shortly as substitute before his death....). Rossano