News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Another reserached Slava 2c

Guest Rick Research

Guards Senior Sergeant (wide stripe) Aleksei Pavlovich Tverdokhlev was born in 1922. Served in the Red Army July 143 to January 1946 (according to the Awards Record Card) as a section leader in 193rd Guards Rifles Regiment of 90th Guards Rifles Division.

When the Awards Records Card was filled out on 30 March 1947 he was living in Kharkov, temporarily unemployed.

Red Star 743,099 on 10.07.44

and

OG3 257,682 on 25.8.44 both from 90th Guards Rifles Division

OG2 20,7?0 on 24.9.44 by decree of 4th Shock Army

Lightly wounded in 1943 and 1944.

Decorated as Guards Sergeant (3 stripes) in 92nd Guards Reconnaissance Company of 90th Guards Rifles Division:

OG2 for bravery on 31 August 1944 when he crossed enemy lines and attacked the garrison in the village of Tsvelenoi, killing 5 German soldiers himself and returning with valuable intelligence.

Guest Rick Research

:cheers: Much appreciated-- I just run my 1 eye over for the most general "drift" and pick out the most obvious stuff on a first pass through. :cheers:

Gents,

One addition/correction: "92nd Independent Guards Reconnaissance Company."

Regards,

slava1stclass

A lot of Thanks to all of you. I have an Ukanian worker but the military terminology is difficult for her to understand..Too, She speaks spanish enoughtto the day - to day but finding some words fot translation russian to spanish is another thing.

I?m afraid I must ask for more help, later.

thanks again... (Ihave a Polpovkonik in the waiting...)