News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

SCHULTERKLAPPEN! (shoulder boards)

Hi, Gentlemen!

I have a pile of misc. shoulderboards, ww1 and ww2... I can offer what I think they are, as remembered from collecting them in the Sixties, and I would request corrections and additions from people who have seen items like 'em, or have similar items...

TOP ROW:

WW1: three pairs of boards from the same Bavarian officer (?)... middle pair slip-ons

BOTTOM ROW:

WW2,+: Reichsbahn?....... DDR?........Forest Service(? green felt backs).... Pioneer

I appreciate any/all enlightening comments! I can hardly stand the suspense!!! :P

---Doesn't Get Out Much

Guest Rick Research

Ooooooog. You REALLY need an Epson scanner! :rolleyes:

Top row appear to be M1915 infantry officers' boards, but can't see the Vs. If blue, yup, Bavarian.

Lower row.... ooog.

The 3rd one there which is green centered, silver Vs around edge, with 2 pips, on green, looks like Weimar Republic era Schutzpolizei Hauptwachtmeister.

can't SEE the other ones.

Oooog.

:unsure:

Epsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssson....

As I recall, they were part of a larger collection: my friend got the prinz's tunic; I got the extra (earlier) shoulder boards... If I can dig up an old photo of the tunic...

Meanwhile, here's a mediocre (non-EPSON, Rick! :P ) scan of the first three boards...

The first four pairs are pre-1919, but they are so distant that any interpretation would amount to guessing. How about some closer pics? :unsure:

Regards,

Chip

...And here are most of four other paris, mentioned above, with a little more detail...

As I recall, they were part of a larger collection: my friend got the prinz's tunic; I got the extra (earlier) shoulder boards... If I can dig up an old photo of the tunic...

Meanwhile, here's a mediocre (non-EPSON, Rick! :P ) scan of the first three boards...

The first three pairs of eppaulets(the large pair were parade, only, if I recall correctly...) were (also if I recall correctly ) formerly attached to this uniform, here modeled by 16-year-old Scott, in Munich, in the Sixties. He would be mortified to know I'm doing this... But one of you guys might recognize the uniform, again apparently worn by a prince (or some-such) before WW1 knocked summa the glamour out of uniforms and such... :unsure:

Guest Rick Research

That's a Litewka "undress" jacket-- sort of the military version of a smoking jacket meant for lounging about with no belt and certainly not aiguilettes.

Epson: Bigger Is Better. :rolleyes:

(and a Pour le Merite winner's, too :P )

Thanks for the clarifications, really! But... what did 16-year-old boys know?!?! At the time, NOBODY cared about Imperial! Never heard the term Litewka jacket before... whazzat mean? Yeah re size: that's what I keep telling my wife... :shame:;)

Nice shoulder board!

I'm off to DC to check in on aging-but-healthy dad... when I return, on Monday, I'll see if that brand-new HP scanner I got for free can give your (probably ancient) Epssssssssssson a run for its pixels.... :cheers:

That's a Litewka "undress" jacket-- sort of the military version of a smoking jacket meant for lounging about with no belt and certainly not aiguilettes.

Epson: Bigger Is Better. :rolleyes:

(and a Pour le Merite winner's, too :P )

[Just back from DC trip (weekend) and chain-sawing firewood (better exercise than pushing drawing pens on paper...).]

Re yer last comment about monocular view on life: WHOOPS! Not the first time I' stepped in it, probbly not the last time... And, okay, you win: Epson rules! Nice scan of that eppaulette, Mister!

---Rube :beer:

• 4 months later...

Difficult to tell without looking in hand but the yellow pair could be Reichsbahn pay group 6 third Reich or DDR but the grades change a little. RB did not have ranks but pay groups based on job.