News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Need help to identify Signal trumpet

• 1 month later...

It's so hard to tell from photos, but I'd be very wary of this. Check the bugle itself, is it a "proper" one or a little crude, especially around manufacture of the mouthece & chain.

I think that the actual insignia on it is a much faked badge nowadays, & if I were offered just that badge from what I can see of it I'd keep well away from it.

There were loads of similar bugles with cap badges etc soldered on & bearing soldier's serial numbers & regiments initials stamped on them around about 15 - 20 years ago.

Those cords look like modern Pakistani / Indian type things.

I took a brass bugle like this albeit without the insignia & with plain red cords to the tip when I had a clear out of stuff from my garage a few days ago - somebody'd bought me it years ago, but t was'nt military, just an item on a par with all those tourist khukris you see around.&