News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

Yup-- fell RIGHT into the gap I have beetween 1907 and 1910 Rank Lists so vanished without a trace in that void.

Spent hours and hours and hours going the long way around. Would have taken 15 seconds if I'd gone to the Geile index first. :speechless:

Herr Brust retired from Landwehr service in the rank of Oberleutnant on 18 August 1908 with permission to wear the Landwehr Army Uniform. He was recalled for service in WW1 and was promoted to Hauptmann der Landwehr a.D. on 18.6.15 whilst serving with Landsturm Infanterie-Ersatz-Bataillon II Hameln.

Regards

Glenn

Guest Rick Research

Aha. Brust was ALSO listed in the Prussian Hof- u- Staats as well as the Reichs. Here he was in the Prussian 1913:

The 1918 Prussian doesn't show either of his WW1 awards, so the Reichs was better. :catjava:

This underscores the ABSOLUTE NECESSITY of having the broadest possible references on hand. None of us ever know what is going to show up or where we can find The Answer...

so amass home reference libraries. It wasn't "luck" that Paul C found these civil service "rank lists." It was tenacity and persistence.

SOME people might question the "cost effectiveness" of busy people on two continents spending about 14 hours tracking down a nameless photo... but WE think that was worthwhile to restore a fascinating anonymous image to a Life Story again.

:cheers:

:jumping: :jumping::jumping:

My first son will be named RICK !!!! ...... or Richard ............. or Ricky - but something like that for shure!!!!

Thank you all - that was great work and a perfect example of working together and trying to get a solution for a problem were other people even don`t see one... ;)

Just a photo - but again a gap in history is closed (ok it was a small one... but exotic) - for me there is one more question now...... .

it is written one time FD2 and one time FD3.... ???? just a mistake or another riddle from Vietnam?

Again - thank you very very much - thats the work that seperates the gentlemen from the rest of the world!!!

:beer:

Guest Rick Research

I think every Rank List used different abbreviations for the same things JUST to make us crazy 100 years later. ( A BZ3bX was a BZ5X :speechless: in Bavaria etc etc.)

BTW your first born should be Willi-- would NEVER have found Dr. Brust if Willi Geile hadn't gone through the entire Orders Almanac :speechless1: picking out strange awards to make it easier to find this kind of group. So much long tedious work... to make things so "easy" at the end. :cheers:

• 3 years later...

I noticed late, but I noticed: Brust's mini chain was offered in Jan K. Kube's 121st auction in october 2011! It came with an additional, other photo of him...

The one award missing from the chain is probably the Brunswick cross mentioned in the WW1 era references. Pitily Kube did not notice what Hessian medal it is, nor did he identify the Annam dragon. Instead: "ausländ. Dekoration" (foreign decoration)...

:whistle:

Edited by saschaw